CrowdSupport®
Croquet_Bob
Level 2: Rookie

International roaming is not working on my pre-paid phone

my prepaid samsung S7 is not roaming. (We are currently  in Italy). Roaming used to work when it was registered with a post-paid account.

I am also having great difficulty accessing help for this problem.

My many attempts to set up chat sessions have never connected and Telstra's overseas help phone number seems to be disconnected, or to require something more than a '00' prefix to be called from Sicily. Telstra's call-back service did at least get through, leaving an AMR message, but I was unable to use this to call back, as my phone wasn't registered on the local (sicilian) network.

It is fortunate that international roaming is working on my wife's post-paid phone, as it would otherwise have been impossible to communicate with our Airbnb host.

Any help would be appreciated.

Bob

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: International roaming is not working on my pre-paid phone

Hi @Croquet_Bob

Sorry to hear about the problems staying connected whilst abroad.

Can I ask if you purchased a pre-paid roaming pack as listed via: https://tel.st/czm2a

Please let me know so I can best assist further for resolution.

- Stef

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: International roaming is not working on my pre-paid phone

The most likely cause is that you don't have credit on your account.  Try recharging with $5 (not a regular recharge amount,  as a regular recharge credit is not usable overseas)

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Telstra 24x7®

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more