Theoa
Level 1: Cadet

International roaming not working in Greece

International roaming stopped working in Greece today. Has been working fine for months. Was switching networks all day. Them stopped. Phoned Telstra who said nothing wrong their end. Phone roaming ‘enabled’. Any suggestions?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
RH2019

Re: International roaming not working in Greece

I’m in Greece too and no service all day. Tried all the troubleshooting possible including resetting network settings and doesn’t work. What’s up Telstra? Can anybody help?
Theoa

Was on chat with Telstra last night who advised no recorded issues in Greece. Go figure. Woke up and Telstra seems to connect automatically to Vodafone. Been working ok today. No explanation. 

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Theoa,

Sorry to hear you were experiencing problems overseas.

It is good to hear you have been able to access the service once again.

If you do have any further issues please let us know.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

peter1234544

im having the same issue in Athens Greece

im told it should be working fine when its not for 2 difernt devices.

online support is pretty useless. they want me to call them but i cant

they cant call my greek number either which is no help and unacceptable from a telco.

been working fine for 2 months. issues started last week when 4g kept dropping out.

the issue has been escalated and now requires up to 72 hours.

Support Team
Support Team

Hey peter1234544,

I'm sorry to hear of the connection issues whilst on your travels and apologise for any inconvenience this has caused. Is this continuing to be an issue or has this resolved itself since the escalation was lodged? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

billm123

I have been in greece for 2 weeks with no problem. today my phone shows no service. I am trying to run a business and paying for a service that you are not providing. 

Can you please advise how I can rectify this as it has been down for 6 hours

Support Team
Support Team

Hi @billm123,

Appreciate the concern with your Telstra service while using International Roaming. 

When checking all local networks available in the handset settings, does it connect to another network option?

Telstra 24x7®

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now