CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
TrevoH
Level 2: Rookie

International roaming not working

Hi
I'm in Italy and my global roaming isn't working.
I'm using an iPhone six with iOS8.02 with a prepaid service.
I've called Telstra and they said that everything is good on their end. The funny thing is that I'm still not getting any connection. It's coming up as sos only. I've turned my mobile data on and I've also inserted an Italian sim and it seems to pick up the Italian carriers. I've checked my carrier settings ie gone to settings > carrier > automatic off and the four Italian carriers come up but I can't connect to any of them. When I select either of the service providers I still get SOS only. And yes I've turned my phone on and off multiples times. Has anyone using a six in Europe had the same issue? Does anyone have a fix? Thanks in advance.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Level 20: Director

Re: International roaming not working

Hello,

TrevoH

It's automatic with a prepaid service. It's not a postpaid
TrevoH

Hi Telstra I am still waiting for a response or an acknowledgement of some sort. Last person at Telstra who I spoke to said something would be done. Nothing has been done so far and the problem remains. I can't get in touch with people.
INT 1-291948807775
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey TrevoH,

Since that's a PrePaid service you'd need to follow that up with our PrePaid team via Live Chat:

http://tel.st/nxzt

-Dylan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Zhouguoning
Level 1: Cadet

Same here
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

@Zhouguoning the thread you have commented on is from October last year so any difficulty you are experiencing is not likely to be related. If you are currently overseas then your best bet is to speak to our Live Chat team who can ensure that your account is setup correctly.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more