Highlighted
LLSA
Level 1: Cadet

International roaming on Go Mobile Swap Plan $149

Answered

Hi all, I am on a Go Mobile Swap Plan $149, and am currently in Mexico on holiday. 

My "Critical Information Summary" says that I have unlimited roaming calls and sms for use while overseas to eligible countries. I also have a 2GB data allowance for use in eligible countries. Relying on this information I sent a few sms, later made a couple of calls and used data roaming. I have checked my telstra and have found that under the heading "charges" for my mobile services it says that I owe $1:50 for two sms messages.

Could someone please clarify my position by helping me with the following: 1) Is mexico an "eligible country" for the purposes of my entitlement under my plan for unlimited calls and texts and my 2GB data allowance? 2) are the charges that display in MyTelstra due and owing as displayed, or are they subject to adjustment at the end of the bill once my international allowances are taken into account?

EDIT: Hi all I've checked the "Our Consumer Terms". Clause 10 of "Part I – Heading Overseas (Roaming)" says "For any plan with an international roaming inclusion that is not otherwise dealt with in this Part I, on and from 16 December 2017 the Eligible Countries are as follows:", and the box contains the country "Mexico".

Could someone please let me know my position?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: International roaming on Go Mobile Swap Plan $149

You should be covered for SMS and Voice calls in Mexico.
When the Bill is generated, the costs that you are currently seeing should be reversed. Plan allowances aren't applied unyil the bill is generated.

If they are still there when the bill is issued, get in contact with Billing and they can rectify it.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY
Accepted Solution

Re: International roaming on Go Mobile Swap Plan $149

You should be covered for SMS and Voice calls in Mexico.
When the Bill is generated, the costs that you are currently seeing should be reversed. Plan allowances aren't applied unyil the bill is generated.

If they are still there when the bill is issued, get in contact with Billing and they can rectify it.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more