CrowdSupport®
RichBing
Level 1: Cadet

International roaming using prepaid New Zealand

Answered
Traveling to NZ in a couple of weeks. Will my prepaid service work over there if I set my phone to roaming ?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: International roaming using prepaid New Zealand

Yes. Just make sure that you have sufficient credit before you leave and switch off your mobile data as well. Turn it back on when you get there so that it can register on the network, then back off again just to make sure that you don't blow all your credit on data if your phone decides to download stuff in the background.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Accepted Solution

Re: International roaming using prepaid New Zealand

Yes. Just make sure that you have sufficient credit before you leave and switch off your mobile data as well. Turn it back on when you get there so that it can register on the network, then back off again just to make sure that you don't blow all your credit on data if your phone decides to download stuff in the background.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Telstra 24x7®

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now