Highlighted
Sezaus
Level 1: Cadet

International roaming

Answered
I have prepaid and I didn’t realise I didn’t have international roaming. I am in the USA now and have no signal at all. I ended up purchasing like $100 worth of credit to get enough recharge credit to get an international roaming pack. I purchased 100mb and the pack and it says I have it on my credit but I still do not have any signal at all. The 24/7 chat option is a joke and has not worked once in 3 days so I basically have wifi only access to my phone despite purchasing an international roaming pack and around $100 of credit I did not need. Any ideas?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: International roaming

OK. Best option I can suggest at the moment is to download Chrome onto your iPhone and use that to get in contact with LiveChat. When you open the link, click on the 3 dots at the top right of the Chrome window and select "Request Desktop Site". This usually allows the LiveChat connection to work.

The only other alternative (which is a pain without a Telstra phone to call it from as it is free from them), is to call +61 439 125 109 and speak directly to a consultant.

It could be a problem with your account that is causing the issue, or it could be a problem with the settings on your iPhone. Either of the 2 contact methods above should be able to get you up and running.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6

What model phone do you have? If you have an iPhone, you probably need to reset your network settings. It would also explain why chat doesn't work, it doesn't play nice with Safari.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Sezaus

I have an iPhone X. I tried that but it still says sos only
Accepted Solution

OK. Best option I can suggest at the moment is to download Chrome onto your iPhone and use that to get in contact with LiveChat. When you open the link, click on the 3 dots at the top right of the Chrome window and select "Request Desktop Site". This usually allows the LiveChat connection to work.

The only other alternative (which is a pain without a Telstra phone to call it from as it is free from them), is to call +61 439 125 109 and speak directly to a consultant.

It could be a problem with your account that is causing the issue, or it could be a problem with the settings on your iPhone. Either of the 2 contact methods above should be able to get you up and running.

Sezaus

Thank you
Matilda1

I have exactly the same problem! Am using wifi on my Pre-Paid but can’t text or phone. Put plenty of money but have not been able to text home in Australia as I am in UK. Have googled every possible link. Not happy Telstra as I can’t even get live chat . Perhaps someone can help??

The two contact options that I provided on the original post are the only ones available.

The only other things you can try is to reset you Mobile Network Settings and turn your Mobile Data (and Data Roaming) on for a short period so that the phone can register on the network.

Telstra 24x7®

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now