Disconnected2
Level 1: Cadet

International roaming

I’m currently on holiday in Europe and am trying to set up international roaming on my IPhone 5. I’m using the Telstra 24x7 app to enable this service and have been waiting 3 days with no result. I’ve had to buy another mobile and pay for airtime in order to talk with a real person on the helpline. I have been assured that International roaming will be enabled but so far this has not happened.

I am locked out of my Outlook email account as I am unable to receive security codes on my mobile to variety my identity and I am locked out of some internet banking for the same reason.

I have little faith in the Telstra system because of this. I will have to buy more airtime on my VODAFONE replacement in order to talk to the helpline later today.

Also the 24x7 chat function is not working on my IPad or my IPhone, the chatbox is greyed out and unresponsive. Changing security settings on Safari and Chrome makes no difference, the chat does not work in either browser.

What more can I say? this time Telstra has failed spectacularly.

Also, to add insult to injury it looks like I have been billed for 3 days worth of international day pass at $10 per day even though international roaming has not been activated on my mobile account. 

What a mess!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: International roaming

With Livechat in Chrome, did you click on the 3 dots at the top of the browser screen and tell it to request the desktop site?

The International Day Pass should only be billed if the device that you SIM is in has either made/received a call, or accessed mobile data.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Support Team
Support Team

Re: International roaming

Hi Disconnected2,

I'm so sorry to read that something has gone wrong while you're overseas, that's never good. 

The odd thing about you being charged is it's only meant to charge on the days that you use your phone, that would mean something happened for the network to believe a connection occurred. 

You will be able to call us for a free call if you pop your Telstra sim back in your phone before you call on +61 439 125 109 

Let me know how you get on.

Angela 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more