CrowdSupport®
Br3nt_N0vak
Level 1: Cadet

Internet outage

Answered
Our home Internet has been out all morning and your site says it is not out. Have already tried to reset
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 21: Augmented
Accepted Solution

Re: Internet outage

The outages site is not really "live" system. It has delays and I do not think it is automatic - IMHO there is no way of continuously monitoring it. So until someone reports outage in given area and Telstra confirms it, it will not be there. It's even more complicated in NBN areas.

DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Telstra or any other ISP. I never did. I have wealth of practical knowledge in Computer Security and Forensic Computing. I have been in the field since 1985.

Likes (formerly Kudos) and solutions are appreciated!!!
The comments expressed by me reflect my user experience and personal opinion.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 21: Augmented
Accepted Solution

The outages site is not really "live" system. It has delays and I do not think it is automatic - IMHO there is no way of continuously monitoring it. So until someone reports outage in given area and Telstra confirms it, it will not be there. It's even more complicated in NBN areas.

DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Telstra or any other ISP. I never did. I have wealth of practical knowledge in Computer Security and Forensic Computing. I have been in the field since 1985.

Likes (formerly Kudos) and solutions are appreciated!!!
The comments expressed by me reflect my user experience and personal opinion.
Highlighted
josh901
Level 1: Cadet

@ForensicsGuru wrote:

Maybe you are living in Suburban areas that's why this problem occurs. I also agree with @ForensicsGuru that there is no way of continuous monitoring of the system.

Telstra 24x7®

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now