CrowdSupport®
Mohan3
Level 1: Cadet

Is 5G being shaped?

Using a note 10+ 5G and I have never experienced 5G bandwidth greater that 100mbps on the gold coast, its fast enough really just curious as to why its being shaped or if anyone has faster speeds in the same area. You would think the network has capacity for alot more customers.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Is 5G being shaped?

Hey Mohan3,

With this being a new technology type I wouldn't see the benefits in us having the speeds slowed in a 5G enabled location. All of the information we have available on the 5G rollout including the areas that have been enabled can be located at 

https://tel.st/rp79r

If you do continue to have issues with the speeds then this can be reported to our network engineers via the coverage feedback form at 

https://tel.st/aqgx6

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Ebonymom
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Dear @Mohan3 

You got your note 10+ 5g... May I ask whether you got it from pre-order? I ordered mine on 9th Aug but still on back order and just curious....

Many thanks in advance

user who wants to help myself and others
Level 22: Superhuman

As an early adopter.... you need to appreciate the system is being developed with only 3600 MHz frequencies and very few base stations. Ultimately there will be 26.000MHz frequencies with small cell base stations on local electricity poles virtually in sight. 

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".
Mohan3
Level 1: Cadet

I got mine from a telstra franchise store. I got mine in black to avoid backorder on aurora.

Ebonymom
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Thanks for letting me know Mohan3. I checked with Telstra and they told me that I can switch colour but it becomes not "pre-order" and I have to lose my headset... So, you did not do the pre-order, I assume. 

user who wants to help myself and others
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

I get about 330Mbps in Melbourne CBD (which isn't really that much faster than the 250Mbps I get on 4G).

Flat terrain and a clear line of sight helps in getting good speeds.

5G is more susceptible to interference/blocking by buildings as it operates on higher frequencies (3500MHz) than 4G (which has the benefit of operating on the 700MHz frequency in conjunction with 900MHz, 1800MHz & 2600MHz).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Telstra 24x7®

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now