GEL
Level 2: Rookie

Is Bigpond blocking Email or Emails?

I want to change my email logon on a website, to confirm I have to click a link on emails sent to both the old and new email addresses. No problem with new email arriving at Outlook but a problem with no email arriving at my old email (Bigpond) from this website. This have never happened before and has to be fixed. Is Bigpond blocking this particular domain?. All other emails are still arriving Ok with other senders. How do I check? Thanks for any help

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Is Bigpond blocking Email or Emails?

No idea. Don't know what the domain is (as you didn't say).

You could check whether they are blacklisted (use virustotal.com and mxtoolbox.com) or send them a message and ask if they are having problems sending to Telstra email addresses.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
GEL
Level 2: Rookie

Thanks for prompt reply, I have checked with mxtoolbox.com and it comes up with no problems. I still think the problem is with Bigpond, MQL5.com would have one of the leading/most used Trading Platforms in the world today. Where can I check if Bigpond is doing the blocking?
thanks

You need to contact MQL5.com (never heard of them personally) and see if they have been receiving bounce messages. Those bounce messages would then need to be forwarded to postmaster@bigpond.com so that they could be investigated.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
BlahDBlah
Level 1: Cadet

Step one would be check junk mail folder on webmail.
Failing that, if you have a specific day, subject, sender IP etc etc... eMail postmaster.

Telstra 24x7®

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now