AMP13
Level 1: Cadet

Issues recieving phone calls and messages on 4G network

About 3 days ago i stopped receiving text messages and calls. Went straight to voice mail.

Was on 24/7 chat yesterday to fix the issue. We reset the network setting, updated my phone and took the sim out but nothing worked. It was only when my mobile data settings were changed to '3G only' did the messages and calls come through. It was on the 2G/3G/4G auto setting.

Can i now no longer receive 4G? My GPS signal has been significantly affected

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Issues recieving phone calls and messages on 4G network

What model phone do you have. You need a phone that supports VOLTE to make and receive voice calls over 4G. If a phone doesn’t support VOLTE it will switch to 3G to make calls.

AMP13

I have a HTC U11, have had this phone for over a year and no issues with 4G until 3 days ago
Level 25: The Singularity

Which part of the world are you in? The network has been a bit hit and miss in my area over the past couple of days (I have had to switch to wifi a few times for data).
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
AMP13

Sydney. Australia. The internet works fine its just when i use 4G phone calls and messages don't come through
Technical Support
Technical Support

Hi 

AMP13, this is a strange issue, I think it would be best to raise a fault with the tech team on 125 111 or via live chat  Here hopefully the network team can trace what could be causing the calls and texts not to come through.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Technical Support
Technical Support

Hi 

AMP13, this is a strange issue, I think it would be best to raise a fault with the tech team on 125 111 or via live chat  Here hopefully the network team can trace what could be causing the calls and texts not to come through.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

I've tried to replicate the issue on my U11, but I can't make it exhibit the same behaviour.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Technical Support
Technical Support

Hi AMP13, how did you go?

AMP13

Funnily enough, the day I was going to the store it started working again.

Will remain a mystery
Highlighted
Technical Support
Technical Support

That is very strange indeed, Let us know if it starts  happening again.

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more