Highlighted
JBeattz
Level 2: Rookie

Lenovo K920 only connecting to EDGE network

Answered

Hi,

I just purchased a Lenovo Vibe Z2 Pro (model K920) from overseas.   I believe all the network specs are compatible with the Telstra networks (though I could be wrong about this).

For some reason no matter what I do I cannot connect to the 3G (or 4G) network.

The SIM is a new SIM, I've tried it in both SIM card slots (currently in the 4G compatible slot).  The network is telstra.iph, but I've also tried a couple of the other names.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on how to get around this issue because I dont see any reason that it wouldnt work?  I feel like it just needs to be configured slightly differently to get it working.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JBeattz
Accepted Solution

Re: Lenovo K920 only connecting to EDGE network

The network was being selected automatically by the phone.

Once I manually set it to the Telstra network (Telstra(50501)) it started working.  First had to let it search for available networks.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
JBeattz

I went by the Telstra store yesterday.  The phone was on the 4G network while I was there.  The person who helped me said the APN should be .wpa instead of .iph.   He changed it to .wpa and I had 4G while I was in the shopping centre, on the way home it was either 4G or 3G.  When I got home it was 3G.  

This morning and all the way into work, it was EDGE only.  The APN is still .wpa.

Any thoughts?

JBeattz
Accepted Solution

The network was being selected automatically by the phone.

Once I manually set it to the Telstra network (Telstra(50501)) it started working.  First had to let it search for available networks.

Telstra 24x7®

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now