AliQ
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Lost my SIM card, in UK , can a new one be posted ?

Hi,

I'm in the UK for six months and lost my Telstra pre paid sim (replaced it with a UK sim and now can't find my Telstra one)

I'm returning to the UK next March / April and would ideally like to keep my number, but also get hold of the sim card now (useful for online banking with my Australian bank before I return)

So, can Telstra post me a new sim to the UK or not ?

If not, is there a way that I can keep that mobile number ?

Thank you.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Lost my SIM card, in UK , can a new one be posted ?

Hi Ali. Thanks for coming through. Sorry for the frustration. We don't send SIMs overseas; so if you need one, best to have us send one to a trusted friend who's authorised on your account. They can then post it out to you.

As to your number; it's quarantined as yours for 6 months after the service is disconnected, so shouldn't be an issue getting it back again. Are you still in contract on that? - Matthew.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

AliQ
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Thank you MattyC for your reply.

My sim is only in contract until Feb. 19th, and I'm not returning to Australia until the first week of April.

I don't want to have to authorise a friend to assist with this.

It's very hard without my Australian sim as my Australian bank will not send SMS's to foreign numbers, so it makes internet banking nearly impossible.

I wanted to to keep this number as it has been my post paid number on a contract for many years and I intended to change back to post paid, when I returned.

Real shame Telstra can't pop it in the mail, never mind, I'll re think options when I get back.

Regards.

Support Team
Support Team

Thanks, Ali. Appreciate your patience in this. Please let us know if there's anything else we can clarify. Safe travels. - Matthew.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now