Peter60
Level 2: Rookie

Mobile Coverage

I have heard from my neighbours that Majors Creek is to receive a new Telstra Mobile tower in early 2019. Is this true? Everybody in our street with Telstra mobiles have problems with poor coverage. I tried calling your help line but the moron in the Phillipines could only repeat that there was no outage which I already knew. Can you please notify me asap as we have an Optus mobile tower in sight of our house and I will seriously consider changing companies if Telstra is not prepared to do anything to improve the mobile coverage. We all only get about 1 bar on our mobiles if we walk to certain areas on our properties.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Mobile Coverage

Peter, there used to be a section on the Telstra Wholesale website that indicated planned expansion, but I can no longer see it.
If you want to remain with Telstra if the planned expansion is not a reality, I use a device which retransmits the Telstra signal in and around my house, Telstra coverage department must see a need and they only sell you the device, which must be licensed and part of their network structure.
It's called a Telstra Go repeater (stationary), costs about $1000 and the antenna system installation is critical to it's efficiency, and in the metro area it's about another $600 installed.
https://www.telstra.com.au/coverage-networks/network-coverage-extension-devices
A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. My motto: "Doing the right thing is never wrong".
Peter60

Thanks but no thanks. That would cost me, and it would not solve everyone else's problem. Most of the village has this problem. It would be easier to change to Optus.
Level 25: The Singularity

If you are located in Majors Creek, Queensland, then there was a Tower proposed in April 2017 for 3553 Woodstock-Giru Road.

If you are located in Majors Creek, NSW, then there was a tower proposed as part of the 2015 blackspot program for LOT 21 Araluen Road ARALUEN

Don't have any further information as that is all that is in the public realm.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

The other thought would be to get in contact with your Telstra Countrywide Area Manager, they should be able to let you know what is planned for your area and forward you concerns on to the right people.

You can find their contact details here: https://www.telstra.com.au/telstra-country-wide/contact-us
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Peter60

Thanks. That's a great idea and I will follow it up.

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more