Highlighted
charli27
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Mobile network drop outs

Can someone in Telstra please explain to me why the 3/4G network in Werris Creek NSW constantly drops out whilst I’m talking to people?
Then when trying to phone the person back the network tells me that the service is not connected
Telstra please respond

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Mobile network drop outs

Not on these forums they can't. The representatives here do not have access to your account or service details

Hard to say what the issue is. Coverage map looks fine for Werris Creek but doesn't specifically show topology or tower locations: https://www.telstra.com.au/coverage-networks/our-coverage

Could even be the phone that is the issue. You could try some basic things like rebooting the phone, resetting network settings, and physically removing/checking/then re-inserting the SIM. Other than that your best bet would be to contact mobile assurance via 133 933 or via Live Chat

I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale
charli27
Level 5: Eagle Eye

If only it was that easy
But thank you
Level 22: Superhuman

Good evening
From my years in mobile phone service...repairs and testing ...as a general rule there is more chance of a handset fault than a network fault. Can you check someone else's phone in the identical areas you are experiencing issues.
Apart from a network...the gold standard would be a reset to factory. But... do check another handset first.
P.S. set your phone to 3G in network settings and reboot.
A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. My motto: "Doing the right thing is never wrong".

Telstra 24x7®

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now