CrowdSupport®
Adam16
Level 1: Cadet

Mobile or data roaming??

Hi
Heading to bali for 10 days and unsure what to get.
We are on a plan for our phones.
We plan to use wifi for internet but just need something for phone calls or texts while there. Is it possible to just get calls /texts roaming? No data?

Cheers

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
bushpig
Level 7: Deputy Inspector

Re: Mobile or data roaming??

Just before you leave turn data off on your phone, most phones allow you to do this. 

Cheers
The Bush Pig
Adam16

Then what?
Adam16

What about costs of calls
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

We have collected information on roaming on the website that may help. There is a link on that page where you can check the pricing and availability of service depending on if you have a post or pre service.

You may find the Travel Pass to be good value, even without the data, if you use the phone a bit as they include unlimited calls/SMS.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

tim1954
Level 13: Super Sleuth

Turn off data roaming. When you arrive in Bali and switch on your phone, you will get a detailed message from telstra telling you that you are overseas and listing the prices of calls and texts. ..
Netti27

I am in Bali, how do I turn Roaming off on my phone??

Netti27

My phone has given me 1258880 to call foc to stop OS Roaming but do I have to put international dialling code first??

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey @Netti27,

Are you able to elaborate on what you actually need turned off?
Do you not want to use your phone at all, not use it for data only, for calls only, ect.

If you would like roaming removed entirely, you can do this via the Telstra 24x7 app.
Simply log in, select the service you are wanting this removed for, go to "add ons" and select "International Travel Pass".
In here, you should see the current status of your roaming (Active, not active) and an option to deactivate.

You can also do this by calling +61 439 125 109. All calls to this number are toll free if called from a Telstra service.

- Matt

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now