CrowdSupport®
La4
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Mobile sim cards

I am on a post paid plan with Telstra with my mobile.  As my mobile is old I want to get a new one.   Not really happy with my present plan as it has gone up to $35 a month (its an old plan) and all I do on that is making and receiving calls and texting.   When I get a new mobile I would want some data but dont want to pay $50 as jTelstra tells me.   If I get a prepaid plan would I be better off and how do they work.   Some seem so cheap but dont really quite understand them.   Any help is appreciated.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Mobile sim cards

$35 is the cheapest plan now.

Belong, which is owned by Telstra, offer cheaper prices, but for data, you only get standard 4G LTE  standard data speed from Belong .... unlike Telstra, which is the 4GX faster data speed.

Purchasing an actual handset from Telstra is a separate charge. The days of included/"free" handsets has passed.

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".

Telstra 24x7®

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now