Highlighted
RowenMcDonald
Level 1: Cadet

Next G sim card in 4G phone

After careful research of mobile device specifications, I came to purchase a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 4G N7105 16GB. The specs of the device say it works on,

Quote:

2G Network (MHz)850 / 900 / 1800 / 2100

3G Network (MHz)850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100

4G Network (MHz)800 / 1800 / 2600

Bluetooth4.0 with A2DP, LE, EDR

GPS:Yes

NFC:Yes

Telstra NextG Compatible:Yes

USBMicro USB (Hi-Speed), MHL & USB host support

Wi-FiDual-band 802.11 a/b/g/n.

For some reason, I cannot get the data network to work. I can send and receive text messages and phone calls, of which I assume is the 2G network but there is no Data Network. I am not concerned about 4G as I am in regional QLD anyhow, but the Next G network I really would like to work! The only other point of interest is that I have done a sim trim (as per instructions) to fit the new device, as I came from a SGS i9000T which accepts a standard sim.

TIA Rowen

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
CJNET
Level 6: Bloodhound

Re: Next G sim card in 4G phone

Merry Christmas Rowen

Have you checked the coverage maps that you're in a 4G area? Are you getting any data at all?

I assume you didn't purchase the Phablet from Telstra, in which case you might want to check http://www.configure.telstra.com.au and have the settings sent to your phone. Calls and SMS should work fine on a handset not purchased from Telstra, but meets Telstra's network specifications, but MMS and mobile Internet can be another story. Some realy smart smartphones detect the carrier and automatically download the right settings, but some can't (or at least need a little prompting).

Good luck!

CORY [CJNET]
RowenMcDonald

I'm not concerned about 4G, the NextG however should as it worked in my SGS i9000T. After some further research, I now realise that I need a "Usim".

RowenMcDonald

Thanks Cory, I got a usim today, downloaded the configuration settings from Telstra (haven't had to do that for a while!) and the device is working perfect. Cheers

Telstra 24x7®

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now