Highlighted
MrCustomer
Level 1: Cadet

No 4G Connection

Answered

My iPhone is switching between SOS, No Service and 3G. (Currently displaying Telstra 3G)

I have no internet connection but can make calls.

I have restarted the phone and removed the sim.

There are no outages in my area.

Not sure what else to do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: No 4G Connection

The network is suffering from a nationwide glitch. There isn't really anything that you can do at this stage to get round it.

Note: Calls to 000 will still work (as even if the Telstra network is out they will reroute through the other networks if in range)
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Accepted Solution

The network is suffering from a nationwide glitch. There isn't really anything that you can do at this stage to get round it.

Note: Calls to 000 will still work (as even if the Telstra network is out they will reroute through the other networks if in range)
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
BecP81

Same here at New Lambton Heights. No outages but no 3G, 4G or connection at all. Think we have to wait it out unfortunately. 

Level 24: Supreme Being

https://outages.telstra.com/

The top of the page has an advisory

"3G and 4G Mobile voice and data services - We are aware of an issue impacting some mobile services. We apologise for the inconvenience and are working to resolve the issue as soon as possible."
I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale
helloFriday

Same as you , in ultimo area my iPhone cannot connect data and receive phone call, I don't know what to do
Autism_mumma

Werribee 3029.
Says there is no outages in my area but no 4G or data at all.
Thanks
SJ

https://outages.telstra.com/ top of the page:

"3G and 4G Mobile voice and data services - Our 4G voice and data traffic volume is improving nationally after we bypassed hardware which had been preventing some customers from accessing the 4G mobile network. 3G voice and data volumes are also improving. We are very sorry for the interruption to services, either directly to customers or through business and government services."

I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale
Biancino
Level 2: Rookie

My phone is doing the same thing...

Its ok when Telstra wants there bills paid now how about Telstra now compensate for this glitch.

And do it by discounting everyone's next bill out of sincerity without having to chase the company for the compensation and fill out paper work etc etc etc

That's fair!!

My phone data and 3 G service is doing the same thing switching from on and off.... Unbelievable

Telstra 24x7®

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now