CrowdSupport®
Eazy01
Level 1: Cadet

No 4G Connection

How do I convince Telstra there is an issue with their network. My neighbour spent an hour on the phone with them trying to fault find no internet connection. 4 people set their phones to 3G max, problem goes away!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: No 4G Connection

It's a simple fact that every network in the world will have dead spots. They usually occur at the point a sector on one cell site ends and the sector on another cell site takes over. Its sad but inevitable. It could also be an intermodulation which is where 2 frequencies in the area which may be Telstra VF or Optus hit a form of reflection and combine to create a 3rd frequency called an intermodulation product which causes havoc and is virtually untraceable.
4G LTE operates on lower power levels than 3G. Your only option is to get a repeater with a yagi antenna professionally pointed at the strongest sector and give it a try.....Or leave on 3G or try another network. Telstra do have a dedicated coverage department.

How do I know? Apart from the "title" of Professor...I have an absolutely identical problem and 2 metres from my chair here I'm looking at a Telstra repeater.
Sorry..... but as the great man says "that's life"
A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".
Eazy01
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks for your fancy words Professor.
Unfortunately I can't agree.
#1. I have always had fantastic 4g connection, and awesome download speeds.
#2. When set to 4g, I have full signal strength, but any internet requests just time out.
And yes, Tower is about 200m away with direct line of sight.
Please don't try and defend Telstra's poor service!
Level 22: Superhuman

You can have an intermodulation product with maximum signal bars as I do.
I am a volunteer...not a Telstra employee.
Before retirement....I was a professional tester for two of the biggest phone manufacturers in the world. Best wishes and good luck. P.P.
A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".

Telstra 24x7®

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now