CrowdSupport®
mzap666
Level 1: Cadet

No reception

Answered

Hi, in the last couple of weeks i have been having really bad reception problems on my mobile phone.

Most of the time at home in Norwood i have been getting little to no reception, when previously it was pretty good.

We had a blackout here a couple of weeks back and during then i had no reception at all, and since then its been pretty bad.

Normally this area has pretty good reception as there are many towers around.

Its really frustrating because i rely heavily on my mobile... any ideas why this may be happening?

regards

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: No reception

I would try ducking down to one of the Telstra stores and getting a SIM replacement if you can, I know I have seen it before where it can help, they are pretty small and often overlooked but they are pretty quick and easy to swap out and can be done in a couple min and worth a try.

I know the store at norwood isn't open on sunday, but the Telstra stores in Rundle Mall, both the one at City Cross and Rundle St corner are open on sunday.

The other thing which might be worth a try is having a word with the Mobile Assurance team, they are like the fault team for mobile phones, and can check and see if it is that there is an issue at the specific tower nearest you which might have changed the experience you are having.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Norwood in SA? 

I was there for most of last week and had no real problems, I had the data running a little slow a couple of times, but no real issue with the reception itself. 

Are you only having these issues inside or outside as well? '

No doubt you have tried them, but sometimes they do help, have you tried restarting the phone, have you tried refreshing/resetting the network (on iPhone it is in settings, on most androids it is done by removing the battery for 30 seconds).

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

mzap666

Hi ,

Yeah Norwood, SA.

Yeah i tried restarting it a few times but i cant take the battery out as its a HTC One with the battery built in.

Mainly having trouble inside my home and a can get a little reception ouside.

Its just weird because i`ve never had this trouble before, its always been pretty good around here.

I`m sort of thinking that it may be the phone itself??

Accepted Solution

I would try ducking down to one of the Telstra stores and getting a SIM replacement if you can, I know I have seen it before where it can help, they are pretty small and often overlooked but they are pretty quick and easy to swap out and can be done in a couple min and worth a try.

I know the store at norwood isn't open on sunday, but the Telstra stores in Rundle Mall, both the one at City Cross and Rundle St corner are open on sunday.

The other thing which might be worth a try is having a word with the Mobile Assurance team, they are like the fault team for mobile phones, and can check and see if it is that there is an issue at the specific tower nearest you which might have changed the experience you are having.
Helpful Links

Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Hi mzapp666,

I had a similar problem last November when we had a storm. My mobile and wireless internet get their signal from 2 towers in different towns than I live in( unfortunately Telstra won't put 1 in ours). My reception on my mobile and internet was really bad, sometimes there was none. I rang Telstra, they said 1 of the towers wasn't working, it got dammaged from the storm, so 3 towns were using the 1 tower and overloading it.

I would suggest ringing Telstra like DrQwerty90 said and tell them you think the tower is not working properly. Telstra can see on their computers what towers your mobile phone works off of.

Unfortunately I am experiencing the same problem now. 4G was put on the 2 towers about 6weeks ago and I'm still dealing with Telstra as our signal for both mobile and internet is low, sometimes dropping out. They know there is a problem and are trying to fix it. I have been reimbursed some money for the inconvenience.

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
mzap666

yeah might give them a call and see if there are any tower problems.

Its only started when we had a power blackout a couple of weeks ago and couldnt use my phone at all, and since then the reception has been pretty bad...  all good tho, i shall call and see what they say.

Appreciate all the help guys Smiley Happy

bushpig
Level 7: Deputy Inspector

It might be worth turning off 4G and just seeing what the reception is like on 3G. It is possible that a new 4G tower may have been installed somewhere recently and your phone maybe connecting to that tower.
Cheers
The Bush Pig

Telstra 24x7®

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now