CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Bleifuss
Level 1: Cadet

Number porting

I have now been trying to port my phone number from Internode to Telstra for nearly 2 weeks ,

which has involved multiple phonecalls with Telstra and Internode but the "system" won't accept my Internode customer
number .
I have verified with Internode that there isn't any other number , but they did give me other information to try like the CID and their internal reference number for the mobile service.
The call centre operators seem to be unable to fix this issue and keep asking me for my account number ,

but all they can do is enter it in their system rather than making a call or sorting it in any other way.
I'm about to loose my mind ......

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Number porting

Hey Bleifuss,

Firstly, welcome to CrowdSupport, please hang around, stay awhile and help us out in our community where you can.

I'm really sorry for any frustrations caused by this. Your internode account number from internode  is what we actually need to input in our system for the porting to go through. This number should be on top of your provider's bill.

If you do have that information with you now, simply have a chat with one of my colleagues online here: http://tel.st/49kl.

Thanks Bleifuss.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Bleifuss

I have given that number to a Telstra operator on about 7 different occasions now , everytime I get

call back the next day saying it has been rejected.
One operator has asked me now the email him my Internode Bill but  the connection w

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi again Bleifuss,

I'm really sorry about this Bleifuss, may I know if this was a home telephone number or mobile number? 

You should also be able to send the file through while you are on chat to a consultant. If not, send me a private message here and I will link you to our secured online enquiry form for you to send your details. Thanks Bleifuss.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey Bleifuss,

I've just responded to your private message and please check my response. Thank you. -JoeSmiley Happy

Bleifuss

I've given up and settled for a new number.
As per the system they were unaware I even had the phone......
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi again Bleifuss,

Thanks for the update and sorry we could not port your number due to this issue. Perhaps you can just divert your number to the new phone if you're still keeping that active. Thanks Bleifuss.

Telstra 24x7®

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now