Merl
Level 3: Gumshoe

Outage

Is anyone else experiencing mobile coverage issues in Eatons Hill area in Brisbane? I have had issues since Friday 15/3 - phone says SOS only or Telstra Wifi call. Outages site said nothing over the weekend and now today has outage listed but no timeframe. Just says to be confirmed. Any update Telstra???

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
20 REPLIES 20
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Outage

Have you eliminated your phone by comparison with another Telstra mobile.
A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".
Merl

Yes I have, same thing on the other phone
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Merl,  We do experience interruptions in services without any warning and on occasion these become more involved to repair than initially expected. I can assure you that we are working to restore services as quickly as possible. I am sorry for the inconvenience this is currently causing. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

WCo
Level 2: Rookie

This is ongoing. It is also frustrating. The Telstra outage notification web site shows no issue however the strathpine store was able to tell me the Eatons Hill tower has in fact an ongoing issue (power related) but with no ETA for a fix.

Now thing the thing is many of us no longer use a land line and chose Telstra on the basis of coverage and restoration of service. If this can’t be relied on and no timelines can be provided then, well insert your own options here.

Pretty pathetic either way for a suburban suburb given how long this has been going on.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi WCo, I'm sorry that you have been experiencing reception issues for an extended period of time now, I can understand the frustration this can cause, 

From time to time, Outages do occur, and maintenance is required, that can impact our customers.
We make every effort to minimise the impact to our customers and resolve problems as quickly as humanly possible, though depending on the location and the work required, this cannot always happen. We certainly apologise if these events do adversely impact your service, particularly if resolutions and improvements do take longer than anticipated.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

WCo

Please don’t reply with social media platitudes, it serves no purpose.

you have provided no information -

• you have not confirmed or acknowledge this is an issue with the EA tower
  • you not addressed the reason why Telstra has not made the details of the disruption public via https://outages.telstra.com.au/#
  • you have not provided an ETA
  • and you have not addressed the fact this is a paid for service - that is, we are paying for a service that we are no longer receiving.

The only reply of use on this forum is from a member of the public suggesting options for confirming the state of the service, at least someone is thinking.

We we do not need a hug, we want useful answers to allow decisions to be made. This a 2 week old problem and sadly for those of us who work from home it is both disruptive and costly.

Merl

I absolutely agree. Every time I contact Telstra I get a different answer. Yesterday I was told there was no outage. Yes there is still an outage. Telstra where is the notice to customers, why is it not on your outages page, why can’t you tell us when it will be resolved. There must be another option. We are paying for a service we cannot use. Stop giving us the run around and be consistent in your messaging
Merl

So Telstra it is now two weeks since we have had mobile coverage in Eatons Hill. Still not showing on the Telstra outage page. Still no communication from Telstra on when this issue. Still paying for a service we cannot use. When will someone answer the question on when the service be resumed.
Support Team
Support Team

Appreciate your patience, Merl. If it's not listed on the outages page, please engage the mobile tech support team -  https://tel.st/fhxwp - and encourage anyone else similarly affected to do so too.

This will help speed diagnosis and resolution of the issue. 

Please let us know how you get on, I'd like to know you're reliably connected as soon as possible. - Matthew.

Merl

Unbelievable! I have done that already twice and phoned and put things on Facebook and here. Each person passes it on to someone else and no body fixes it. Can someone who knows what they are doing please contact me and tell me when this will be fixed. This is just ridiculous.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

The next step Merl would be to raise a formal complaint , this will be assigned to a complaint manager who will work to resolve the issue with you.

WCo

You have to be seriously kidding. You are the third so called tech to reply with nothing useful.

At the time I tried the link you provided, this takes you to an automated page where you are greeting by a ‘virtual assistant’. Another utterly and totally useless service.

If you are Tech support why can’t you look up the issue. I am led to believe this is in fact listed in the Telstra system - just depends on which one you are looking at. The publicly available service shows no information but the internal system originally showed a rectification date of the 31st March. Clearly this is not fixed (other than for a couple of hours yesterday before being taken down again).

Given this is a paid for service, It is not unreasonable to expect a Telstra team member actually do something useful and do some investigation on behalf of the people paying and/or report this on their behalf.

For the record, there is still no service in many parts of Eatons Hill at this time.

Merl

Absolutely agree. I have logged multiple jobs, online and on the phone and no one seems to be able to indicate when this issue will be resolved. In my last phone call I was told it would be fixed by 5am on 31/3/19. Guess what, no it wasn’t and it still isn’t fixed. Customer service and technical support has been hopeless. Apparently it is with the “engineers”. Telstra it is time to let customers know what is happening and when it will be fixed. No more lies!
WCo

Have purchased an Optus plan. Problem solved.

There is little doubt Telstra has displayed the worst support service I ever experienced since the dawn of mobile phones!

Merl

So it is now 4 weeks (15/3/19) today since I had mobile coverage in Eatons Hill. I have logged a complaint on 21/3/19 and am either told the reason is a planned outage, a local power failure or maintenance and the dates they give for resolution just keep getting bumped out. After I speak with them they then email and if I don’t respond they say the case will be closed. There is still nothing showing on the Telstra Outages webpage. Not once has Telstra contacted me without me initiating it. I have twice asked for my call to be directed on shore to the Engineering area or somewhere else that can provide me with a reason there is no end date for resolution. I have been told this cannot be done. In the meantime I am still being billed for the 2 mobile services we have. I have tried calling, emailing, CrowdSupport and Facebook. All I went is for my service to be restored, surely not to much to ask. This is the worst customer service I have ever experienced. Telstra get your act together! 

Support Team
Support Team

Hey Merl, thank you for your reply.

I am sorry to hear that this complaint was unable to be resolved, has it been closed now or was this still open? If open please advise the complaint reference number and we will use this to contact your case manager and request they follow up with you ASAP to provide any updates.

We will also pass on this feedback regarding the outage page needing to be updated.

Thank you.
- Ryan

Highlighted
Merl

SR 1-1957487547510
It is not closed and I have spoken to my case manager and his manager today. I know this is not their fault, they are just the ones who have to deliver customers the bad news. The issue is there are multiple departments who clearly are not talking to each other. I do not understand why it is taking so long and no one seems to be able to answer that question. The outage website cannot even be updated. I am sure I am not the only person in the area experiencing this issue. It is not acceptable to have no mobile coverage for 4 weeks and still billing someone.
Support Team
Support Team

Appreciate you taking the time to update me that you have  spoken to your case manager and their manager today.

The case manager will be able to address the charges for the service you have not had access to.

Merl

I have been told that compensation will be looked at when the issue is resolved. Right now all I want is a straight answer on when this issue will be fixed.
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for confirming we will be addressing the billing when it is resolved.

We will be working on resolving this for you and your case manger will update you.

Telstra 24x7®

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now