Selcouth6725
Level 1: Cadet

Overseas Travel - post and pre paid South America

Hi Telstra. I couldn’t find anywhere to provide feedback online so I’ve used this forum. Please advise your staff of correct arrangements between the following countries when roaming: Chile, Peru and Ecuador. On three seperate occasions myself and my husband visited two Telstra stores prior to heading overseas to obtain advice on roaming via post and pre paid in these countries. We were told no problem three seperate times by store managers for both post and pre paid for all of these countries so we made no arrangements prior to leaving for connectivity (data most important). You can imagine how impressed we got to these destinations and discovered pre paid did not work in any of these countries and post paid only worked in Chile. Very annoying. Please get your staff up to speed on countries you do and don’t service. Obviously we can obtain local SIM cards and did in all of these destinations so we could get around with data as the free wifi wasn’t reliable enough but the point is your sales staff should be giving out correct advice. FYI all the stores we obtained advice from we’re in WA. Regards. Gayle with three new phone numbers !

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Overseas Travel - post and pre paid South America

Hi Selcouth6725,

I appreciate you taking the time to reach out in regard to your recent international roaming experience.

I can confirm that we do have arrangements with local carriers in Peru, Chile and Ecuador, it does not include Pre Paid services.

This information is also available via our International Roaming page:

https://tel.st/pq6mf

This page is also used to manage international roaming while overseas.

Nevertheless, I do apologise your experience was not made easier. I will ensure the feedback provided is forwarded to our management team.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now