CrowdSupport®
STEPXL
Level 1: Cadet

Overseas usage

Answered

I will spending alot of time OS mainly in Philippines. I want a prepaid plan that allows me to take calls from Australia ( do you get charged for receiving calls when OS,) plus able to check my messages bank and also sms txt. I have just ordered a prepaid $100 for 365 days but maybe not the best prepaid plan for me. Making calls from OS to Australia etc I use wifi Skype and the like. Appreciate your advice. Merry Xmas.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: Overseas usage

Hi STEPXL,

There's 2 Pre-Paid plans to choose from: Pre-Paid Max and Pre-Paid Long Life Plus.

In the link below they're under the heading "Recharges"

https://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/prepaid-mobiles/offers-and-rates#RCG

You will be better off choosing the Long Life Plus plan, as your charge's will be coming out of the $100 Recharge Credit.

The Max plan doesn't have "Recharge Credit" to use like the Long Life Plus plan does. To make and receive calls and texts, and Messagebank on the Pre-Paid Max plan you would have to put extra recharge's on with the Amounts of $5 (has 4 day's expiry) or $20 (has 14 day's expiry).

These are the rates you'll be charged while you're in the Philippines on either of the 2 Pre-Paid plans:

Make and receive a call $3.00 per minute

Send SMS 65c

Receive SMS Free

Data $3.00 per MB charged per KB

Send MMS Standard charges*

+ $1.50 per MMS

Receive MMS Free to receive

MessageBank® $3.00 per minute

In the link below, scroll down to "Find a Destination". Type the country in the rectangle and click on the country in the dropdown box.

This will give you the Pay As You Go rates, which will come out of your $100 if you choose the Long Life Plus Pre-paid plan.

If a country you enter in the box doesn't show in the dropdown list, then that country isn't available for Pre-paid International Roaming.

https://www.telstra.com.au/international-roaming/pre-paid-mobile

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Accepted Solution

Re: Overseas usage

Hi STEPXL,

There's 2 Pre-Paid plans to choose from: Pre-Paid Max and Pre-Paid Long Life Plus.

In the link below they're under the heading "Recharges"

https://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/prepaid-mobiles/offers-and-rates#RCG

You will be better off choosing the Long Life Plus plan, as your charge's will be coming out of the $100 Recharge Credit.

The Max plan doesn't have "Recharge Credit" to use like the Long Life Plus plan does. To make and receive calls and texts, and Messagebank on the Pre-Paid Max plan you would have to put extra recharge's on with the Amounts of $5 (has 4 day's expiry) or $20 (has 14 day's expiry).

These are the rates you'll be charged while you're in the Philippines on either of the 2 Pre-Paid plans:

Make and receive a call $3.00 per minute

Send SMS 65c

Receive SMS Free

Data $3.00 per MB charged per KB

Send MMS Standard charges*

+ $1.50 per MMS

Receive MMS Free to receive

MessageBank® $3.00 per minute

In the link below, scroll down to "Find a Destination". Type the country in the rectangle and click on the country in the dropdown box.

This will give you the Pay As You Go rates, which will come out of your $100 if you choose the Long Life Plus Pre-paid plan.

If a country you enter in the box doesn't show in the dropdown list, then that country isn't available for Pre-paid International Roaming.

https://www.telstra.com.au/international-roaming/pre-paid-mobile

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

View solution in original post

Telstra 24x7®

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more