CrowdSupport®
Level 1: Cadet

Poor coverage at our new house

We recently moved to a new location am experiencing poor coverage on all 5 Telstra devices. I've provided Telstra Coverage Feedback, but the issue is not getting the focus I'd hoped.

1/10 - Logged issue 2/10 - additional information provided

4/10 - requested I log call drop outs and send list for investigation

... No response Contacted support via chat.... Requested lock phone to 3g. improvement, but still only 1 bar with frequent drop outs, plus people can only hear me 50/70% pf the time on calls.

22/10 followed up

1/11 - told that new patch is coming to address identified new iPhone drop out issue ... New patch applied to all phones and problem still persists

17/11 - follow up again, not response Call quality is very poor. Call often drops out This happens inside house and standing in drive To make phone calls reliably, I need to cross the street. Coverage map states "This location is predicted to have in-building coverage for 4GX, 4GX device only typical download speed 2 to 75Mbps"

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Poor coverage at our new house

Have you tried with the wifi on your phone switched off? It could be that your phone is connecting via VoWifi, and that may be causing part of the problem, especially if it resolves itself by you moving away from your house a small distance. Crossing the street shouldn't make much of a difference in most circumstances unless you are in a very hilly area.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Poor coverage at our new house

Hi Steve-G, Just checking in, is the issue still ongoing?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more