CrowdSupport®
Sl33py
Level 1: Cadet

Poor mobile reception in Bardia 2565

Hi, 

I'm just wondering when Telstra will fix the network problem in Bardia 2565? My parent and I are not the only ones having issues with mobile network coverage. We are depending on Wi-Fi whenever we are home. It is really inconvenient as we both work from home at times and requires network coverage to call out and receive calls.  

N

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Poor mobile reception in Bardia 2565

There is no outage reported on https://outages.telstra.com 

Have you reported the problem via 

https://service.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/coverage-feedback

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Muzzy1907

Re: Poor mobile reception in Bardia 2565

Hello,

I am having the same issue. This issue in BARDIA NSW has been ongoing for 5 years. We recently became a Telstra customer in the household and after spending hundreds of dollars the service does not work. Optus/Vodafone does not have this issue. When will Telstra fix this coverage issue in BARDIA?? 

I have just flled out the coverage-feedback form to report the issue.However, the last time I did this, you told me to go purchase an antenna which costs $1000+. Is this really feasible for an ordinary working class household? Very poor response...I have no hope this time around either...

arRe: Poor mobile reception in Bardia 2565

Probably when the proposed tower at Edmondson Park Train Station is built.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Muzzy1907

Re: arRe: Poor mobile reception in Bardia 2565

The train station has been active for the last 5 years! 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edmondson_Park_railway_station

The train station, yes. The mobile phone tower, no. Looks like it was proposed in mid-2017 and will have all 3 carriers on it once built.

Muzzy1907

Oh right sorry didn't realise you mentioned 'tower'. 

We're waiting on the government then i suppose...

I found out that Wifi calling is an option and i think after playing around a little bit that has kicked in. The service seems to work even when it's showing no reception now, and interestingly it kicks up to full reception after a while where before i had nothing at all. Here's hoping it will be sustainable until that tower actually goes up. 

Telstra 24x7®

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more