CrowdSupport®

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
Till1
Level 4: Private Eye

Re: Porting Issues?

@ponnurz wrote:

Has anyone been successful yet in being ported? I’m currently going on 11 days now with the usual prioritise order and escalation which doesn’t seem to be making that much difference. 

Nope, still waiting I was promised within 24 hours yesterday they have 2 hours to meet that and I know they won’t. 

Till1

@Dean_E wrote:

First time poster here! I was just wondering if anyone can provide an update on the current porting issues and when they may be resolved? I've been waiting since Monday for my number to port from Optus and have just seen that the status of my order has changed from "In Progress" to "Delayed". No one seems to be able to give me a concrete answer on when I can expect this issue to be resolved.

I'm itching to get across to Telstra as my Optus coverage is shocking and I use my phone for work purposes. Not only that, but I've been informed that I can't get a new phone until my porting request has completed (the original order was SIM only) - which is frustrating as I'm having to use an old phone that goes from 100% to 0% battery in about 3 hours...

Any update or help would be appreciated. Smiley Happy

Dean_E Have you been successfully ported yet? 

ponnurz
Level 2: Rookie

I was also told 24 hours on Friday lunch time and still nothing but the same. I'm going to assume it can only be done mon-fri due to this IT issue.

Has anyone been successful in cancelling the port? as this looks like what i'm about to do in a few days.

jmcsb

I have applied to cancel the port. Aldi says that Telstra have the power to cancel the port, even if it has left the old provider but porting has not completed, and it will return to Aldi.

The person I spoke with from Telstra confirmed he had cancelled the porting and it will return to the last provider. He said hopefully Monday but did not give a guarantee it would be this quick. It seemed a better option than potentially being left in limbo.

asian23

Support,

please escalate my complaint SR 1-2206803161072 to the highest priority, the TIO is next, i have been waiting since the start of last week for a port from Woolworths to Telstra, and it is all on the same network!

Support Team
Support Team

Hi asian23,

Thanks for reaching out.

I'm sorry to hear that you've had to raise a complaint about an issue and apologise for any inconveniences caused in this time.

Just so that you're aware, complaints usually take from 3-5 business days before they are assigned and then your case manager will be in touch to work with you towards a resolution.

I can see this complaint was raised on the Thursday of last week, if you're not contacted by end of business day this Thursday please let me know and I'll happily follow up on this further.

- Matty

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Till1

If you want a case manager sooner go on live chat and just demand to speak with the manager. I did and she said she was a case manager. She’s useless though. Go to the TIO. 

jmcsb

In relation to NBN, I didn't get any help even via a case manager, until going to the TIO. Then I was assigned a case manager who helped very efficiently and quickly although probably still took a couple of weeks from the time I was contacted by her until resolution. She was great and lamented that her section are a last resort after complain us to TIO and she wished customers got this level of support from the beginnng.

I spent approximately 8 month unsuccessfully trying to get action before I went to the TIO.

ponnurz

Providing a further updating on the porting situation, I have made contact with Telstra porting team on 1800 631 344 this morning after waiting for 50 minutes on hold.

They have stated they whilst cases are being escalated/prioritised to the IT team, there isn't actually currently a fix for the outage yet and all these ports are waiting with the team to be completed but they have no timeframe on when a fix will be available. 

pkkash
Level 1: Cadet

Hey Kathleen,

Below is my request for the same issue:

SR 1-2210466904142

I have also waiting for the porting to be complete for 5 days and haven't heard anything from anyone from Telstra.

Can you please give me a timeframe on when I can expect this to be resolved?

Regards

asian23

I've now lodged a TIO complaint due to Telstra's inaction. Please take note!

Till1

I heard back from the TIO today on my complaint lodged last week. They are giving Telstra 14 days to get it resolved or they will step in and take action further. I hope this is complete within 14 days!

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Till1,

I do hope your case is resolved soon too, we will liaise with the TIO once they are in touch.

Let me know if I can offer further direction.

Angela 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Till1

Hi Angela, I missed a call from telstra and because I don’t have any credit and my numbers stuck in limbo I couldn’t access the voicemail they left. I’m now on hold with telstra and they cannot find me in their system! 

Support Team
Support Team

I am sorry, that does sound confusing. They should be able to locate that order. Keep  me posted -Angela 

Till1

Finally got through to my case manager thank you. 

Support Team
Support Team

That is most wonderful, appreciate the update Till1 & enjoy the rest of your day -Angela 

dx01

I have an update regarding my porting issue. 

My case manager did a follow up call with me today as promised last Friday. She said that the porting team still in progress of resolving the porting issue and is affecting all people trying to port into Telstra network. She said that she will actively follow up with the porting team and call me back tomorrow or Wednesday as follow up. 

I received the porting verification SMS 30 mins after she called today at about 630pm AEST. let’s see what happen next. 

Support Team
Support Team

OK thank you. I apologise this is ongoing, and am glad she has been following up closely. Please let us know how this goes dx01, looking forward to having this resolved for you.

- Ryan

jmcsb

I cancelled the porting to Telstra on Friday, despite initially being told by Telstra employees that I could not do this - that I had to wait until porting had completed. Today (Monday) I am back connected with my old provider and my number is operational again!!  Thanks to Aldi who told me that Telstra had given me inaccurate information and I could cancel the port.

Support Team
Support Team

Thank you for your message jmcsb, I am sorry to hear you were given the wrong information in your chat with us. I am glad this was able to be fixed, though I apologise we did not get this right on the first call as it should have been. So have you set this service up with another provider now or was there anything you needed a hand with?

- Ryan

dx01

12 hours after SMS verification sent for porting...

still pending porting to be completed. 

jmcsb

Is there financial compensation for lost earnings due to clients not being able to make contact during this time, including that Telstra knew there were problems and extended delays with porting but did not inform us?

jmcsb

We got this verification on 22 September but by 27 September when I cancelled the porting, had heard nothing more, despite receiving a message that the service would be activated on 23 September.

dx01

My number has been successfully ported to Telstra network from Virgin Mobile. About 20 hours after the SMS verification has been sent. 

Thanks all for the support and info Smiley Happy

jamiethomas

I'd hope to think so.

I am literally so done with this whole fiasco. I chose to become a Telstra customer for its premium service and coverage, and it's just been a horrendous experience.

The latest from my case manager is below. Firstly, the email barely makes any sense.

How is not providing any sort of estimated fix or solution in the meantime appropriate?! You just can't get away with treating customers like this in 2019.

"Good day.

I am the assigned case manager under your concern about your porting in issue.

Unfortunately, we received a message from our operations team about the problem that they currently experiencing in terms of processing port in request for mobiles and there is no specific date yet on when this can be resolve but they only mentioned that it was escalated to our IT department.

Even if you raise this concern to ombudsman which will be assigned to one of my colleague here at our site who handle TIO escalations will just advise you the same details that I advised you as well, as we are receiving the same email updates.

If we only have control on this one, then we will fix things asap but the thing it is out of our control."

jmcsb

In light of past experiences with Telstra, I'd not rely on a case manager, jamiethomas. Very glad we now have an active number again, having cancelled the porting and returning to Aldi but it's been a huge disruption to our business in addition to hours fruitlessly spent on the phone to Telstra. But now today I get an email thanking me for signing up to a new two year plan with Telstra, which I definitely haven't. I gave up trying to get Telstra to fix/return calls re our abysmal internet speeds (which they tested and acknowledged were problematic although they didn't know why). We need internet for zoom and other work tasks so last week I gave up and decided I couldn't continue to suffer interference with business and swapped to activ8me. As soon as we swapped over our speeds improved despite supposedly being on the same speed was we were paying Telstra to deliver. Plus activ8me is cheaper. I'm now going to go straight to the Ombudsmen but disturbing Telstra should email that we've just agreed to a further two years when actually we have said we want to cancel if they don't give is the contracted speeds. Something very wrong here and it seems across the board - NBN, mobile porting, and so on.

Ivan882

My complaint number is SR 1-2211638882579. I am also waiting for 13 days from 16/09 port in from Optus to Telstra. When we could get this problem done? Thanks!

jayjays401

I ported my number from Optus on 20/09 and still nothing. promised to be done within 24hr so many times via online chat, calls. No ETA. Just keep saying there is an issue with their system OR they are going through system maintenance .... So, how do I take it to the TIO? 

jamiethomas

Support Team
Support Team

Hi @jayjay401, We’re experiencing some delays with porting mobile numbers at the moment. Our team is working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. Thanks for your patience. 

Till1

I submitted my complaint to the TIO last Thursday I received an email Monday morning that they’ve been in contact with telstra. A case manager who deals with TIO complaints was in contact with me Monday afternoon. I didn’t hear from him again until Wednesday lunch time where I told him I wished to cancel everything (previously I was told I couldn’t cancel my port until it was complete) he informs me that my port had already been cancelled and no one had informed me! 3 weeks without my number to only find out it’d been cancelled already! After having a quick online chat with my previous supplier, Aldi amaysim they were so helpful! I asked them to reactivate my account and bring my number back, they informed me it would be within 24 hours however within 20 minutes my phone was back up and running properly and they even credited my account for all the annoyance telstra caused me! That’s customer service I love amaysim! I’ll never become a telstra customer ever! 

chiefbodge

11 Days since I started porting number from Vodafone to Boost. 

Followed the link and entered the code from the SMS straight away.

Crazy how long it's taking with absolutely no resolution in sight.

jayjays401

Thx!
jayjays401

Hi TanashaM, I like I said earlier, I was told the same sentence so so many times and this does not change the fact that my request started on 20th Sep, it's now 3rd Oct and I still don't have a mobile service!!! In fact, my number is still active with Optus and their staff told me they see no porting request on my number. So what has Telstra been doing for the last 13 days? Clearly so many ppl were affected, keeping saying "we are doing all we can" is just not good enough when there is just no actual progress. Your words lose credibility, your apologies become so cheap we totally lose confidence in any answer you give. What surprise me the most is there is no official announcement from Telstra to acknowledge there is an issue with porting, and update the affected with any reasons or progress that has been made. Instead, we just been kept in the dark, given false promises and feeling helpless and hopeless. You will lose customer 1 at a time, might not be much, but one day you look back and "hey, where all my customers?" I wonder if you will regret your actions today. I decided that this will be the last 30 mins I spend fighting for this. Tomorrow, I will ask to cancel my porting and for a refund. I will start looking for a new SP for my NBN and my small business as well. I will share my experience with everyone I know on Telstra's inability to deliver STANDARD customer service and hey they might never had an issue, but I will remind them it's during those difficult moments when you see what others are truly made up of. Telstra will not notice my post, but I'm sure one day you will pay for it. It took 2 years for Telstra's share price to fall from 7 to 3.40, I wonder how long will it take to get to 0...

jamiethomas

Latest update from my case manager in relation to my TIO complaint is that the porting will be completed by 18 October. They have also promised at least two months' free service. Anyone else received similar advice? 

portobello83

I still have not received a call yet from any case managers that I was promised for..

The last time I called through to the porting team, one of the advisers mentioned that there is a number I can call and mention to them this porting issue and I can be compensated for this, although he cannot say what the compensation will be.

My porting request was back on the 31st of August, and it is over 1 month now and still no resolution, just the same "we can only escalate this to the IT team and there is nothing else that we can do".

VERY disappointing to say the least.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi @portobello83,

I can understand your concern about your mobile service. We’re experiencing some delays with porting mobile numbers at the moment. Our team is working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible and appreciate your patience. I've also emailed your case manager and asked them to contact you within the next 1-2 business days to provide an update. 

- Tim  

Russ59

Hi, I have been trying to get my Optus number ported to activate my Boost Sim - over 5 weeks now, and latest is there is no date known. And my present request will be declined and have to start over again - no communications from Boost/Telstra, only get info if I ring - Frustrated to say the least.

morenito

Please add my case to the complaint list also!!! 

Order number 1-2220372604537

9 days and counting. Spoke to numerous people who always assure me that everything will be sorted shortly.

This is so embarrassing...

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Appreciate your patience in this. I've checked your order here - https://tel.st/hlq24 - and it returns the following.
"We're sorry, but your order has been delayed. We're working on completing it as soon as we can. We'll contact you if we need more information."
Thanks again for your patience. Please keep an eye on that link, and your inbox, for updates. Thanks again for your patience. - Matthew. 

stefsing

Please add mine for complaint as well 1-2225272617388. I've been waiting in call line for an hour and still no answer. Porting my number from vodafone it's been a 2 weeks now

stefsing

Please add mine for complaint as well 1-2225272617388. I've been waiting in call line for an hour and still no answer. Porting my number from Vodafone it's been a 2 weeks now

Anupbhai

Hi,

My prepaid number ported to Telstra and facing same issue. After 1000 times chat and 50000 calls they reprocess the order and it's still provisioning. While speaking to their online chat support team, I have been told new story every single time and when they were unable to resolve, they stop responding to you or transfer you to another agent without your permission and the cycle keeps going from one to another. 

I have done complaint in ombudsman regarding same and awaiting for the case manager's reply. 

Anup Patel
Support Team
Support Team

Sorry that's become necessary, Anupbhai. The TIO will liaise with our TIO complaints team, and they'll get in touch with you to discern a resolution. Please let us know how you get on. - Matthew.

Casper121

I’ve been waiting since September to port. 

My case manager just says to wait or cancel, really poor on Telstra part. 

SR 1-2212634000751
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Casper121

Mobile activations usually takes between 2-4 hours however it can take up to 48 hours if you're porting your number to Telstra from another service provider.

As 48 hours have passed or if you're having trouble, you're best off calling 1800 631 334. Our mobile port team are available between 8am-9pm AEST Mon-Fri or 10am-8pm AEST on Saturdays.

Please be sure you have the correct name & account details from the provider you're porting from so you can provide to us if we need.

Being you have an open complaint though, I have followed up with the team that is managing this on your behalf to request contact on your behalf. While you can expect contact asap, it does usually occur within 2 business days.

If you don't receive contact by close of business Tuesday, please let me know.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

Casper121

I understand it can take 24 - 48 hours, but why has it taken over 2 months and still no port? 

I've called that number and they can't help me, they just say 24 - 48 hours and nothing occurs. 

If you look at the case notes, them contacting me won't achieve anything. I literally get told you can either wait or cancel. Very poor effort from Telstra. 

Support Team
Support Team

I can appreciate how frustrating this would be. When you spoke with your case manager last what has been advised? 

Casper121

I was advised what I said above, cancel or wait to port. 

Telstra 24x7®

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now