CrowdSupport®
sandarm
Level 1: Cadet

Porting a landline back to Telstra from More Telecom

I joined up with Telstra from More Telecom start of September for my business calls, my NBN is working fine. Problem is half of my calls are being diverted to my mobile which isn't practical for my business as I will be out of the country in mid November.  I have someone from Telstra working on the porting problem but he can't seem to fix the problem.  I have lodged complaints with Telstra and TIO but getting the same old run around saying they will call back but never do.  I'm starting to get really worried as my business is suffering due to missed calls as I'm not in the office all the time and employ a receptionist who is only receiving half of my customer calls, I won't be able to answer my mobile whilst I am out of the country, I'm at my wits end with worry as my overseas trip is approaching and my issue still isn't resolved after 6 weeks.  Any advice would be appreciated.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
sandarm

Re: Porting a landline back to Telstra from More Telecom

Update: I've done a bit of a survey, seems only Telstra customers can get through to my landline number, people with different carriers are coming through to my mobile

Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

That means that More Telecom hasn't updated their numbers database to point incoming calls to the Telstra network. Give 132200 a call and ask to speak to the porting team as they need to request that More Telecom fixes it.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
sandarm

Hi Jupiter, thanks for response, I called that number and she just gave me the old run around that I've heard for the past 6 weeks.  A case manager will call me back, they never do.  Back to square one 😭

Telstra 24x7®

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more