Highlighted
lwild
Level 1: Cadet

Porting of number from Optus to Telstra

Got a new phone from Telstra and had them port my number over from Optus which was prepaid and I'm now going on a plan with the new one.

The Optus sim is SOS only and has been disconnected but my iPhone X is still also SOS? Is it normal for them to cut the first one off and there be a delay or does it usually happen at the same time and I should probably go back into the store or give them a call somehow? haha

Thank you

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Porting of number from Optus to Telstra

Did you activate your Telstra SIM (either in store or via telstra.com.activate)?

You will also need to turn off your phone and restart it for the Telstra SIM to register properly on the network.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Telstra 24x7®

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now