Highlighted
Phoenix_Chick
Level 1: Cadet

Possible volte issues

Answered

Over the weekend (18-19th June) the volte icon came up on my Samsung s7 edge and now I cannot recieve or make calls as it says my number is unavailable or unavailable from this service. If I turn off 4G i can make calls, but still not recieve any.

Troubleshooting so far - When I put my sim in another phone (iPhone 6s) it works perfectly, also if I put the sim from another phone into my S7 it works perfectly... I went to a Telstra store and after about 30 mins of playing with my new phone they suggested that my phone needs to go in for repairs (2 weeks). Surely there must be a better resolution than this?

Has something changed on the network? I am paying the extra to have the s7 edge and now it doesn't even work with my number. Please assist.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Possible volte issues

hi @Phoenix_Chick,

There may have been an issue provisioning the VoLTE service with your connection.

Please contact the mobile faults team on 125111 to have this looked at, or the service removed for you.

- Matt

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

hi @Phoenix_Chick,

There may have been an issue provisioning the VoLTE service with your connection.

Please contact the mobile faults team on 125111 to have this looked at, or the service removed for you.

- Matt

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Phoenix_Chick
Level 1: Cadet

Hi Matt,

Thank you for your reply. I called the faults team and asked them to disable the service as you suggested. It is all working fine now.

Thanks again.

Erik1975
Level 3: Gumshoe

I have numerous issues. Was happening om galaxy s6 and now 8. When showimg volte all calls diverted. I actually jad to ask tech support to depro repro. Seems ok atm.... these guys should know better

Telstra 24x7®

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now