CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
bevec40
Level 3: Gumshoe

PrePaid Mobile & Wi-Fi Norfolk Island

Answered

I am using Prepaid for my Mobile and WiFi later in the year I will be spending a week on Norfolk Isand which I thought was part of Australia (to a degree) It is an internation flight with Air New Zealand - when checking to on prices etc for Norolk I noticed that their is no service in Norfolk for PrePaid is this correct

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: PrePaid Mobile & Wi-Fi Norfolk Island

That's right.  Telstra Pre-paid is not available on Norfolk Island.

You can purchase a local SIM when you get there (and a WiFi card), just remember to get you handset unlocked before you leave.

Norfolk Island is part of the Commonwealth of Australia, but has limited self governance and is regarded as an external territory.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Accepted Solution

Re: PrePaid Mobile & Wi-Fi Norfolk Island

That's right.  Telstra Pre-paid is not available on Norfolk Island.

You can purchase a local SIM when you get there (and a WiFi card), just remember to get you handset unlocked before you leave.

Norfolk Island is part of the Commonwealth of Australia, but has limited self governance and is regarded as an external territory.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Telstra 24x7®

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more