RichCeit
Level 2: Rookie

Prepaid SIM card activation

I have two numbers from another carrier and both requested to transfer one to Telstra and one to another small carrier yesterday. The one to the small carrier has completed before 8am this morning and the one port to Telstra is still processing now (9 hours later). Why is that? Your CS said I have to wait over 24 hours and to reprocess again, worst service.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
11 REPLIES 11
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Prepaid SIM card activation

Sorry for any frustration caused RichCeit. We do have a 24-hour timeframe with our system orders but this is normally sooner. Please let us know if this timeframe has passed and the service is not active though. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

RichCeit

Hi Iain, the request was lodged on 15/4 and still no luck. It is over three days now and I have been chasing this every day, despite many promises by your team, nothing happens. The problem is my existing subscription is going to be expired during the Easter holiday so I may need to renew the existing subscription to keep the number alive. Some of your team members blame the current carrier but the fact is I have another number from the same carrier and lodge the transfer request at the same time and the job completed on 15/4 8am. The only difference is that number port to another carrier not Telstra so I don't think the existing carrier is an issue.
Support Team
Support Team

Be best to contact our chat team here https://tel.st/pdxu8 for a follow-up. Or we can assign a case manager so we can look into this and have them give you a call. We can arrange this here via our web form below:

https://tel.st/hgr3b

This would be the best way to have this resolved. Sorry for any inconvenience or frustration this may have caused you. Let me know if you have any trouble arranging this.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

RichCeit

Yes, can you please assign someone to get to the bottom of this and help me to resolve the issue? It is still not working and it has been four days already. I have already contacted your team through the online chat every day and every time they promise the issue will be fixed within the day and then nothing happened. I felt being cheated and not believe this is a normal issue. Keep breaking your promise without telling the truth to your customer is not good business ethics at all.
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for getting back to us RichCeit, 

The best way to have this investigated is through the form provided by Iain earlier. Due to security and privacy reasons we are unable to arrange an investigation from this medium and I apologise for any inconvenience caused there.

Please let me know if you have any other queries. 

- Matty

RichCeit

Thank Matty, I have followed all instructions from you including online chat, log a complaint form, post on social media and contacted all numbers including 132200 and 1800631334 and none of them can give me any solution. All of you just handball me from one to another and ask me to keep waiting for 24-48 hours and no can really get to the bottom of this. Please let me know how can I resolve this? Can I just cancel this porting and get my prepaid money back?
Support Team
Support Team

What was your complaint reference number @RichCeit? Normally our dedicated porting team are available on 1800 631 334, what did they say was going on with this order?

RichCeit

Hi,
SR 1-1999114464990 is the complaint no.
INT 1-1996740937162 is the incident no.
1-1993369367365 is the order no.

When I called the 1800631334 number, they asked me to for another 24-48 hours but no guarantee as they said it is in the provisioning stage (since last week actually). No one can tell me why it has taken so long. When I asked what can I do if after 24-48 hours still not working, they only said they will investigate. The problem is my current subscription with another carrier is due to expire and I must renew the subscription to keep the number alive.
So either Telstra can port the number across or I have to cancel and get the money back coz I will have to renew my existing subscription. I cannot wait forever without cost.

PS. The worst part is your 1800 people is more like a salesman and just selling me to go postpaid instead of prepaid and not focus on solving my problem.
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for that reference number, if you'd like I can follow up with your case manager about this?

RichCeit

I am happy for you to do anything to get this resolved ASAP. It has been taken a ridiculously long time. If this cannot be resolved by tomorrow, can you tell me how can I cancel the service and get the money back?
Support Team
Support Team

I've passed these posts on now and asked them to contact you as a matter of priority. Please let me know if you have any further trouble with this. If you'd like to cancel that order you'd need to speak to our Mobile Activations team on 132200 about that. They are the experts on these issues.

Telstra 24x7®

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now