Highlighted
Funkybunch
Level 1: Cadet

Public IP or Static IP options for 4G services

Answered
Hi,

I currently have a data sim linked to my mobile account which I would like to use for a 4g modem.
My plan is to use the modem in a networking lab environment which will have a site to site VPN.
In order to set this up, I need either a static IP or at the very least a dynamic public IP and use a DynDNS service.

I would like to avoid signing up to a business account if possible as its only a lab setup.

Is there any way to get a Dynamic Public IP or a Static Public IP on a consumer mobile service?

Thanks,
Mark
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Public IP or Static IP options for 4G services

Telstra does not have any  consumer mobile services that includes a public IP address and I don't think there are any other Australian mobile broadband providers that provide a public IP address.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Accepted Solution

Re: Public IP or Static IP options for 4G services

Telstra does not have any  consumer mobile services that includes a public IP address and I don't think there are any other Australian mobile broadband providers that provide a public IP address.

Telstra 24x7®

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now