CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
SDC1
Level 2: Rookie

SEVERE MOBILE RECEPTION ISSUES FIVE DOCK

Answered

I Iive in Great North Road Five Dock.  My mobile reception is 1 bar 24/7 for the last 2 years. And with 1 bar the line drops out. I cannot use my mobile. I had to get a landline so I have some form of communications with the outside world as I am housebound due to an illness. 

I contacted Telstra several times over the last 2 years.  They register the complaint but NEVER revert to me with the outcome of their investigations.  

I am now thinking of contacting TIO.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: SEVERE MOBILE RECEPTION ISSUES FIVE DOCK

That area should have excellent coverage (especially since mid September when some upgrades went live).

There are towers at:

245 Great North Road Five Dock NSW 2046

• UMTS 850MHz

87 Great North Rd Five Dock NSW 2046

• UMTS 850MHz
  • LTE 700 & 1800 MHz

1st FL, 75 PARRAMATTA/HARRIS RDS, FIVE DOCK NSW 2046

• UMTS 850MHz
  • LTE 700 & 1800 MHz

What model phone do you have? The only reason why you could have bad reception that I can think of is either the phone or the construction materials employed in your building.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

SDC1
Accepted Solution

Thank you.  your response was very informative.  Sorry it took me so long to respond.  I have a feeling it is my building that is the obstruction.'

kind regards

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Level 23: Superhero

Unfortunately mobile coverage can't be guaranteed at any location, even within the coverage maps (which Five Dock certainly is).

You can do a report yourself via https://service.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/coverage-feedback

On your previous calls to them about the black spot, did you get any reference numbers? You may wish to get it touch with them and ask for a complaints manager to be assigned to you and give them the references from the calls you made in the past.

End result, the TIO can't make coverage work in your house - best case would be a penalty free exit from any service contract you may be in.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
Accepted Solution

That area should have excellent coverage (especially since mid September when some upgrades went live).

There are towers at:

245 Great North Road Five Dock NSW 2046

• UMTS 850MHz

87 Great North Rd Five Dock NSW 2046

• UMTS 850MHz
  • LTE 700 & 1800 MHz

1st FL, 75 PARRAMATTA/HARRIS RDS, FIVE DOCK NSW 2046

• UMTS 850MHz
  • LTE 700 & 1800 MHz

What model phone do you have? The only reason why you could have bad reception that I can think of is either the phone or the construction materials employed in your building.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

SDC1

Sorry it took me so long to respond.  i have iphone 7.  the reception is fine everywhere else, just in my unit the reception is either 1 bar or SOS 24/7/  It never gets better than that.

might be the building then.  but it is very frustrating as unless others know i now have a landline to ensure i can be reached, they can never get through on the mobile and some give up trying to reach me.

is there anything i can do to enhance the reception without spending too much money?

With appreciiation

SDC1
Accepted Solution

Thank you.  your response was very informative.  Sorry it took me so long to respond.  I have a feeling it is my building that is the obstruction.'

kind regards

Telstra 24x7®

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now