CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
BrendanPointer
Level 4: Private Eye

SLOW ADSL!! ONLY 1KM FROM EXCHANGE

Hi, I see an average user that is 1km from exchange gets well over 1mb/ps to 3mb/ps. I am currently getting a slack line speed of 95-150kb/s at daytime and 300kb/s in the middle of the night. My plan serves a maximum of 20mb/ps on the Telstra BizEssentials 250 Gb plan. When I lived further away from exchange I had better ADSL coverage of up too 700Kb/s. 

My Ping in online gaming is flawless though. I joined an internation server in a game of Modern Warfare 3 (PC) and all users had 250-400 Ping. On my side I only had 90 - 100 Ping.

Here is the summary of my modem:

Firmware Version:1.4.0 Build 110620 Rel.52053n
Hardware Version:TD-W8960N v3 0x00000002
This information reflects the current status of your DSL connection.
Line Rate - Upstream (Kbps):930
Line Rate - Downstream (Kbps):3312
LAN IP Address:192.168.1.1
Default Gateway:165.228.7.1(ppp0)
Primary DNS Server:203.50.2.71
Secondary DNS Server:139.130.4.4
System Running time:0 day(s) 03:47:1

The only thing I could say is the phone line ports are very old (about 20 years old) and maybe they have to be replaced.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Level 21: Augmented

Re: SLOW ADSL!! ONLY 1KM FROM EXCHANGE

Hi Brendan,

Could you please post some more modem stats such as SNR & Attenutation etc, otherwise with what you've provided I cannot fault the service.
Lathania

Telstra 24x7®

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now