Highlighted
WittleWaynE
Level 3: Gumshoe

Samsung s8+ sim drops

Answered
hi folks, my phone is a samsung s8+ dual sim model sm-g955fd and has all australian bands. it has the belong sim and a telstra data sim in it. Only at home the telstra data sim drops and says sim not found. At home I use a celfi go repeater. This has only started happening the last two weeks. .I tried changing the bands on my celfi go repeater with mixed results. band 3 did not work, band 5 was ok 2 bars boost to 5. band 28 was weak, 1 bar boost to 5 but was to unreliable to use. I have now resorted to band 5 3g only. Does anyone have any ideas about why suddenly my samsung telsatra sim drops out please and only at home ie via the repeater. My aldi sim in another phone is ok. Ta Wayne
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: Samsung s8+ sim drops

Hello...I also have a Go repeater and a s8+ (s6 and s7) I believe the repeater is probably getting confused when it detects 2 sims from the same phone. It's curious its just started
A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. My motto: "Doing the right thing is never wrong".

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Accepted Solution

Hello...I also have a Go repeater and a s8+ (s6 and s7) I believe the repeater is probably getting confused when it detects 2 sims from the same phone. It's curious its just started
A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. My motto: "Doing the right thing is never wrong".
WittleWaynE

Ta PP. You could be spot on although yes it does seem strange that itbis just happening. Although maybe coincedence that it started not long after an update of roms to firstly the s8+ and the the celfo go.
Hmmm I wander if there are any other celfi go and dual sim people out there with this issue?

PS The possible reason that it recently changed could be that Go repeaters very recently had a major software update from Cel Fi .. the manufacturer.
WittleWaynE

Hi,
Out of curiousity, would you mind telling me what ariels you are using. Mine has a 4g 12 dbi yagi into the celfi and a 11 dbi yagi out.. Unfortunately the signal for 4g without boost is only 1 bar which means the output boost at 4-5 from a useeability view only works if you are standing close to the repeater. I switched back to 3g (2 - occasional 3 bars unboosted) which gives me much better range than 4g from an output point of view. I know there is a lot of variables here, but wanted to know very very generally what ariels worked for you in your situtuation. Only of course if you dont mind?

Wierdly my sims are no longer dropping out anymore so yippee on that front.

Ta
Wayne

Hello Wayne, glad to assist. I have the official Telstra supplied Yagi kit. As I'm in a very small unit my output internal antenna is a fixed unidirectional simple no known gain fixed to the Go. I use Band 28 only. 700megs.
I get output of 5 to 6 Go output using Cel Fi Go Wave mobile app.for remote control

PS Your Go output reduces if the unit or output antenna "sees" or senses the input antenna or the Go unit....even the antenna cable location close to the unit can reduce or increase the output. I keep mine on the floor surrounded by furniture with the small antenna also shielded. Even moving the input antenna lead a few inches can materially affect the output level. I presume you are using the Wave app?
WittleWaynE

Thanks PP for the update and info. Yes I use the wave app and have both my internal external ariels mounted on poles 10 m away from each other but positioned to give the best results or range. It has solar / batterry backip as our NBN skymuster satellite link is not always that great, especially for voip and lagging. Can I ask what speeds you get internet wise on your celfi please? As I have toyed with swapping to 4g but it is to shakie at my house to use on band 28 700mhz hence the ariel questions. I could look at a dedicated 4g modem with mimo ariels but aren't quite convinced yet and also need to be careful with my finances. Thanks for helping Wayne

Hello
I get 70 to 110 mb/s depending on mobile "traffic" /weather using speedtest.net and Telstra Melbourne as server.
My download speeds are quite amazing.
I use an Advanced 111 modem (without battery) permanently in a ethernet cradle, and use the cradle WiFi to phones and iPad and ethernet cable to my computers. The cradle WiFi is much more powerful than modem's wi fi, and you need to be careful to which one you connect wi fi to using devices.
WittleWaynE

Howdee,

Wow they are amazing speeds! If would drop my nbn skymuster 25/5 speed and go with 4g but still not sure on 4g reliability wherebI am in crabtree tasmainia, a bit hilly and bushy. What input ariel does your modem have?

Ta
Wayne

Telstra 24x7®

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now