CrowdSupport®
OwenMonie
Level 2: Rookie

Settings for a game camera to send SMS and emails

G'day

I have a HC 700 GE Game camera I want to use to manage stock but I can't seem to get it to send emails or MMS. . I have contacted the Chinese manufacturer but they have my money now so couldn't care less.

The settings I have are as follows

For MMS ;

GPRS settings

APN ?

Account

Password

Then it says

Server Settings;

MMSC : ?

IP: ?

Port: ?

Then for SMTP it says

Server settings and I have a choice of

Other, Gmail or Hotmail ,it will be other in my case.

I then have a choice of SSL no SSL or STARTTLS .

Then

Server  ?

Port  ?

Email 

Password:

Anyone have any ideas ? I have a Telstra SIM with heaps of data on it ready to go .

Thanks

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
15 REPLIES 15
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Settings for a game camera to send SMS and emails

For email

Email: Username@bigpond.com
Password: your emails password
Server: smtp.telstra com
Port: 465
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

For email use SSL with port 465 or STARTTLS with port 587

For MMS you could try the settings in the link below

https://www.vidcam.com.au/HC550/

OwenMonie

Wow that's great and thankyou O Supreme Being and Guilty Spark ! I would be happy just to get one email or text working. I will see how this all goes .

Jakcao

Did you get it working OwenMonie? I am having the same problem.

OwenMonie

No I didn’t . I even took it to town to try another cell as I am in a rural area and it didn’t work there either . I have the email address of the company and up until now they have been communicating with me. Sent off all the info that I have tried and the settings so I am now waiting for a response .
I will keep you posted as to what they say.
Jakcao

Thanks. I will continue trying at my end and let you know if I have any success.
Level 25: The Singularity

I'm assuming they sent you the 3G version of the camera and not the GSM version?

The GSM version will not work in Australia as all the GSM networks have been shut down.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
OwenMonie

Yes that’s a good point I didn’t think of . It’s happened to me before too with 2G . The fella in China hasn’t answered me still ,so I assume I might have been done . Hopefully I can leave a review on the product somewhere to warn others if that’s the case .
Jakcao

Thanks Jupiter - how would I work that out? It says it's 2g/3g.

With difficulty, teh only way is to take the word of the person who sold it to you, but the 700G series should work on the 850MHz UMTS band.

I've been doing some reading about these cameras and there are 2 things that you need to do.

Put the SIM card into a phone and make sure that it doesn't have a PIN set. If it does, use the phone to remove the SIM PIN.

Do not use MMS for transmitting photos. It is a rather expensive method. Turn off the MMS in the Camera settings and set up SMTP (email). Get yourself a Gmail account and enter those details in the SMTP settings of the camera.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
OwenMonie

Thanks Jupiter anything is worth a try now as the company is not answering my emails. If anyone else wants to try here is his email address.  'howard@cnsuntek.com'

The company is Suntek .

Howard.Zhang

SUNTEK INTERNATIONAL CO., LIMITED.

Tel  :  +86 755 83344359

Mob:  +86 18312341296 

E-mail: howard@cnsuntek.com  

www.cnsuntek.com  

I will see if I can work out how to write a review somewhere to let others know the problems I have as I have nearly given up.

OwenMonie

Since I was getting no reply from Howard Zhang I tried to email the company but no matter what phone number you put in ,even their own, you can't submit the inquiry.
Look like we are on our own.
Jakcao

Howdy. I ended up getting a partial refund for the camera. They agreed to give me the difference between the 3g model and the non-3g model. I wanted another camera anyway so I am happy with that. I will now find something locally to do the job I wanted this camera to do. I still haven't been able to make it work. Good luck and thanks for your help. Cheers

OwenMonie

Thanks for the update how do you know it’s not 3G ? Just trying to see if mine is the same and might be 2G hence the reason it won’t work
Jakcao

I wasn't able to work it out and relied upon the seller telling me it was 3g. I just started emailing the seller to try and resolve the problem. After a few email exchanges, they were the ones that offered the partial refund. I have had it open since to see if there was something obvious inside it (like dip switches) but there isn't.

Telstra 24x7®

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now