CrowdSupport®
Dukey1
Level 1: Cadet

Slow 4g Network and connection

I have had this phone (IPhone XS MAX) since September. I have used it from the city to my house which is only a ten minute drive from the city. From peak time to non peak time. Hot and cold days. You name it and I have had such trouble over the past month with download speed and connection. I am only ever sitting on two bars.... and my download speed has halved. I have only used 3gb out of 120gb so I don’t see why it has slowed so much. This has only started happening the last month and for how much I pay a month $144 dollars I would hope that my connection speed would be a lot faster. Right now as I’m typing this at 1am in the city I only have 1 bar. It’s shocking. If this can’t be fixed I would like to move from Telstra.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Slow 4g Network and connection

Have you considered that it could very well be a fault with your phone?

Take it in to your nearest Telstra or Apple store and get it sent away for assessment and repair.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Slow 4g Network and connection

Hi Dukey1, 

Thanks for taking the time to reach out through Crowd Support about this.

Did you end up going to your local Telstra store about this?

If you haven't already, I would recommend reaching our Mobile Faults team on 125 111 as they would be able to investigate if your handset is faulty. I would also recommend letting them know that you haven't been able to access the bulk of your data allowance because of this issue.

Please let me know how you go.

- Matty

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now