CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Moby1
Level 2: Rookie

Slow Mobile Data Northfield

Answered
Hi Telstra What's the situation with slow mobile data in Northfield SA ? It's been so slow for a week that it's almost unusable. There have been a lot of dropouts too of late, but most the time I'm getting between 3 to 5 bars but it's the data that is slow and been getting worse. Before this it has been fine. Have tried switching off my phone a few times for a minute to see if it helps but no luck :-(
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Blakel
Level 7: Deputy Inspector
Accepted Solution

Re: Slow Mobile Data Northfield

Hi there Moby1

You can check here on this website.

http://servicestatus.telstra.com/servicestatus/goc.do?q=summary.html

Also, you can call 132200 and say "faults"

The faults team can check on their systems any notifications of outages to services within your or surrounding areas that may effect your mobile phones connection to Telstra.

Let us know how you go Smiley Happy

The views and opinions in this post are purely of my own and not of Telstra.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Blakel
Accepted Solution

Hi there Moby1

You can check here on this website.

http://servicestatus.telstra.com/servicestatus/goc.do?q=summary.html

Also, you can call 132200 and say "faults"

The faults team can check on their systems any notifications of outages to services within your or surrounding areas that may effect your mobile phones connection to Telstra.

Let us know how you go Smiley Happy

Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)

Before calling, I would try a few more things before calling:

• Firstly, can you confirm if others in the area are experiencing the issue?
  • Have you tested your SIM card in another phone to see if that could be the cause? If you don't own another phone, asking to borrow a friend or family members is usually a good way to test (but make sure its NextG compatible, come back and ask if you don't know).
  • Do you experience the issue just in this area, or in all areas?
  • Does the issue only happen indoors or outdoors?

There are no outages on the ServiceStatus page for your area.

Failing all of that, I would start off by getting your SIM card swapped (if you haven't already done so). This can be done at your nearest Telstra Store. Obviously this doesn't apply if multiple people are experiencing the issue.

You can report instances of bad coverage at http://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/coverage-networks/coverage-feedback/

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Moby1
Level 2: Rookie

Thanks. It seems as though a simple 'reset network settings' on my iPhone may have solved the problem. There doesnt seem to have been any faults in the area from what it tells me. The data speed seems to be ok now. Will monitor it from here and see how it goes.
Blakel

good to hear!

If it pops up again in the next day or two, I still reccomend calling faults as that way its reported, that way if need be it can be looked into just incase.

Telstra 24x7®

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now