CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Cousin
Level 2: Rookie

Smart Antenna

Answered

Trying to find the frequency used between the network unit and coverage unit for a newly purchased Telstra Smart Antenna. Spent the last month moving both units all over the house and while I get reasonably good reception in a number of set ups, it continually cuts out for a few seconds, that is I loose incoming reception or the caller looses me for a couple of seconds. NetComm router is also playing up and an IT friend is going to do some work for me fixing things up. He suggested the wifi MAY be interferring with the smart antenna so lets do the wifi first, but he wants to know what frequency the smart antenna comunicates internally, between NU and CU. Spoke with Telstra for an hour, got nowhere. We want to make sure the new router cannot interfere with the smart antenna. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Smart Antenna

It uses the 5GHz band to communicate between the units. The channel should be dynamically selected to avoid traffic in that band. You could use an app on your phone to check to see which channels are in use. But both the router and the Smart Antenna should automatically choose hte least congested channels for use.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Accepted Solution

It uses the 5GHz band to communicate between the units. The channel should be dynamically selected to avoid traffic in that band. You could use an app on your phone to check to see which channels are in use. But both the router and the Smart Antenna should automatically choose hte least congested channels for use.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Cousin

Thanks for your reply Jupiter, much appreciated. What app would be good for that.

I use Netgear Wifi Analytics.

Cousin

Thank you Jupiter. Very useful information

Telstra 24x7®

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now