CrowdSupport®
nathanwray
Level 1: Cadet

TP link archer vr900 telstra fttn nbn

Hi I purchased a tp link archer vr900 and am trying to connect it to my Telstra fttn NBN service. It's failing to connect I have entered my email address and password that's linked to my NBN service, selected and tried with ADSL vdsl connection types and I still can't connect. I logged into my Telstra supplied Technicolor gateway and it's showing the pppoe settings as follows.

User name: newdsluser@bigpond.com
Password: ********

Is this what I'm meant to entering when prompted by the archer vr900 setup and if so what is the password I tried "password" as a generic thing just in case but as you can gather it didn't work. Any help would be great as I have contacted Telstra via phone twice live chat once and went into my local Telstra store. Seems at this point I've wasted $200.

Cheers

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: TP link archer vr900 telstra fttn nbn

Telstra NBN connections use IPOE for authentication therefore don't need a user name and password. Don't select PPPOE as connection type in drop down list. If there is a DHCP or Dynamic IP select that.

nathanwray
Level 1: Cadet

Legend mate that worked perfectly. I was getting confused due to my gateway stating pppoe. Thanks again

Yes it is a bit confusion having the PPPOE settings filled with a user name and password. But if you look just ablove the PPPOE settings it should show Connection Settings > Type (Technicolor and Sagemcom) or Connection Mode > Current Mode as IPOE

Telstra 24x7®

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now