Highlighted
LesAllen1954
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra Gateway Modem

Answered

Do I have to have my Telstra Gateway modem on at home when I am travelling on the mainland on extended holidays?

We are planning to be away for 3 months and usually turn off electrical devices.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Les Allen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra Gateway Modem

No Les there is no need for your modem/router to be left switched on. The unit is only there to serve your needs when you are accessing it within your household.

In fact it's a good thing to give them a rest every now and again.

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Accepted Solution

No Les there is no need for your modem/router to be left switched on. The unit is only there to serve your needs when you are accessing it within your household.

In fact it's a good thing to give them a rest every now and again.

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

No you're not required to have it on.. So long as you pay your bill it'll still work upon your arrive at home.

Cheers,
Dave

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more