CrowdSupport®
Dochart
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra One issue

I have an s10+ that i alternatively pair two samsung watches to. Up until today there was no problem, usingbthe gear app to change connected watches. Now i receive an error message that I have reached "maximum pairing attempts" I have contacted Telsta but they could not help andmi am waiting for someone from the network group to contact me (3-5 days). Has anyone else seen this error?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Telstra One issue

There should only be able to be a single device attached to Telstra One per mobile service. Not sure if that is the cause of the problem. If it is a network setting causing the problem, then you will need to wait for the network group to get back to you. The system definitely isn't designed for continual changing of device though.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
cdbgccbcbcbc
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Telstra One issue

It's got NOTHING to do with Network Issues!

I had the same issue with Apple Watch. Called Telstra support who said it was an Apple issue as it in the Watch app and I needed to call Apple. Then said if I delete the Watch app and wait 4 hours it would be all good (clearly had no idea).

I chatted with support through the website (Caryn). It turned out my One Number was still 'locked' to another phone (I guess not properly disconnected the One Number activation).

Took 3 minutes to 'unlock' it and everything now works as it should. No deleting, unparing, resetting etc.

My tip would be to ignore these people who claim to know but are really only guessing (at best) and find someone who does know. Quote Ref INT 1-2034083735523 and have them look at the notes and fix the issue.

"The system definitely isn't designed for continual changing of device though." what boloney.

Telstra 24x7®

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now