Paolo899
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra didn’t port my number

I’m start getting tired and upset, 10 days ago I been in good guys for activate a special offer 45$ monthly for 50 gigabyte 12 months contract.

the problem is after 10 days they didn’t yet port my number , someone did a mistake or Telstra or goodguys, I called Telstra and the only option is by activate a current offer of Telstra basically with same monthly cost I will have only 15 gb.

and probably I will have to pay 270$ early termination fee for my actual contract.

or other option is quit the contract and pay early termination fee.

Im not stupid to accept a 50gb offer and now they propose me only 15gb ( at this condition I would never joint Telstra)

and im not even stupid for pay 270$ early termination fee for theyre mistske!! And actually for service what I’m not getting.

In my options is only or they port my number like what should be already happened , or quit without early termination fee.

what can I do? I’m seriously upset and not going to give up , I need my number , and I don’t wanna pay any early termination fee for they’re mistake! If can’t fix what is the option? Only going trough the court?

thsnks , for anyone can help me

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Telstra didn’t port my number

You should be speaking with Good Guys who sold you  the contract and inputted your details into the Telstra system.

You also can ring the best call centre Telstra has by ringing 132200 and say Disconnections. If you ring 9am to 9pm AEST your call will go to Adelaide. Their  first priority is to Save Telstra customers and they will only do Disconnections  as a last resort. They  will probably/ possibly be able to sort  out your connection which you contracted with a major Telstra dealer 

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".

Telstra 24x7®

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now