CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Coffee1
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra not reimbursing me for having no services for 3 weeks due to tech department

I had the worst journey trying to get my sim to work. I request a sim replacement and it didn't activate after a week, so I went to the Telstra store and they told me that I had to call technical support/error provision, they were unwilling to call on my behalf so they told me that I have to buy a new sim card so that I can call them to get it fixed. I bought a new sim card and I called tech support and it wasn't until 3 weeks till my old simcard that I'm on a plan with got fixed...

So in the 3 weeks I had no service on my plan so I called the billing department of Telstra for reimbursement.

I talked to two consultants in the billing (Jim/Roy) and they both said that they couldn't do anything now but that I had to wait until the next billing period. Which I understand.

When I asked them that on the next billing period, if they will address both, not having service for 3 weeks, and the cost of the sim I was made to buy to call the tech center; they said that they will credit me for part of the next bill when I call them later.

So my understanding is they will reimburse only to the extent of the cost of the next bill hence they will compensate only for the cost of not having service but not the cost of the sim the Telstra store consultant made me buy to call up tech support to get it fixed in the first place. So I paid to fix up a problem that Telstra had with their service...

When tried to ask the consultant why the purchase of that sim wasn't being reimbursed he hung up on me (both of them).

It'd be good if I got a reason why I'm not being reimbursed, requesting your help Telstra

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Coffee1

Telstra not reimbursing me for having no services for 3 weeks due to tech department

I had the worst journey trying to get my sim to work. I request a sim replacement (I'm on a mobile plan with Telstra) and it didn't activate after a week, so I went to the Telstra store and they told me that I had to call technical support/error provision, they were unwilling to call on my behalf so they told me that I have to buy a new sim card so that I can call them to get it fixed. I bought a new sim card and I called tech support and it wasn't until 3 weeks till my old simcard that I'm on a plan with got fixed...

So in the 3 weeks I had no service on my plan so I called the billing department of Telstra for reimbursement.

I talked to two consultants in the billing (Jim/Roy) and they both said that they couldn't do anything now but that I had to wait until the next billing period. Which I understand.

When I asked them that on the next billing period, if they will address both, not having service for 3 weeks, and the cost of the sim I was made to buy to call the tech center; they said that they will credit me for part of the next bill when I call them later.

So my understanding is they will reimburse only to the extent of the cost of the next bill hence they will compensate only for the cost of not having service but not the cost of the sim the Telstra store consultant made me buy to call up tech support to get it fixed in the first place. So I paid to fix up a problem that Telstra had with their service...

When tried to ask the consultant why the purchase of that sim wasn't being reimbursed he hung up on me (both of them).

It'd be good if I got a reason why I'm not being reimbursed, requesting your help Telstra

Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Telstra not reimbursing me for having no services for 3 weeks due to tech department

I honestly don’t see any reason the store couldn’t put you on the phone in the office.

As a public forum there isn’t much anyone could do here but given your lack of support contacting billing it may be worthwhile lodging an official complaint.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Support Team
Support Team

Re: Telstra not reimbursing me for having no services for 3 weeks due to tech department

Hello @Coffee1 Welcome to CrowdSupport.

I'm sorry to hear there was such a delay conencting your new SIM card. It sounds like we've agreed to cover the period of time you were unable to use your service via a pro rata credit of your plan fee. As for the SIM this should only have been a few dollars, you can get SIMs from $2. How much did you pay for the SIM in store?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Coffee1

Hello Cas-Ra
The Sim was $10 long term prepaid, would Telstra be able to give me reassurance that this will be reimbursed also.
I would like to find a way to settle this (and the reimbursement for the time without service) without a phone call (the two consultants at the billing department I spoke to gave me a very unpleasant expereince) -possibly contact through e-mail if you need any more info?

Kind Regards
Support Team
Support Team

Based on what you've told us, I encourage you to raise a complaint - https://tel.st/fzxg4 - here, requesting email contact only. 
A case manager will take a closer look and contact you to discern a resolution.
Take note of the 'SR' reference number generated on submission.
Please let us know how you get on, as I'd like to hear this is being addressed as a priority. - Matthew.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now