Highlighted
IJMcCu
Level 1: Cadet

Tips for international roaming

Answered
I am travelling to the UK . I have a iPhone 5s. Do I need to somehow activate international roaming or will the phone simply pick up a local network Telstra has an agreement with?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Tips for international roaming

Might be an idea to take a look at the following link, it's got all the tips and information you need for International Roaming. Enjoy the UK.

http://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/international-roaming/travelling-tips/

0701836001400224804.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Might be an idea to take a look at the following link, it's got all the tips and information you need for International Roaming. Enjoy the UK.

http://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/international-roaming/travelling-tips/

0701836001400224804.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.
IJMcCu

Thanks. It's a pity someone at Telstra could advise of that link..
fjeffrey

Would be great Jeff if that page would open, also the number to call from overseas as Iam in the uk trying to gain access to my phone for calls and sms- apparently I pay my bills but no way to get access the usual excellent telstra- please could u give me another method to be able to use my phone would be great
Owlie

Re: international roaming

can some kind person tell me how to switch OFF this feature? Owlie.

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: international roaming

Hey Owlie

If you have international roaming active, you can deactivate this the 24x7 app or My Account. Just select the number in question and go to add ons. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now