CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
salmas
Level 2: Rookie

Unable to connect to Telstra Air via Android device

Hello crowdsupporters!

I'm having problerm with signing in to Telstra Air using Android phone and having installed Telstra Air didn't make difference.

The problem is after providing the correct credentials to sign in into Telstra Air network, the sign in screen pops up again with blank username and password to authenticate again and never connects.

Anyone has similar issue? I'm stuck in the loop if I provide correct credential the sign in page gets reset and ask me to log again. Interestingly if I type wrong credentials I get response with wrong username or password.

However I have no issue using laptop Windows 10 or mobile phone Blackberry OS.

The only issue seems to be with Android devices. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. cheers salmas

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Unable to connect to Telstra Air via Android device

Hi Salmas.

I do hope this has now resolved but if not you should find the following information helpful. https://tel.st/fmagt

Let me know how you get on.

Angela 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

aresobad

Yes the same thing happens to me all the time... I log in, then it says error authentication failed, even  though I am logged in... cooked... typical Telstra let down

salmas

Hi Angela 

Thanks for the link unfortunately suggestions didn't help. 

I reckon the best would be if you can see my screen. 

Please see attached video of my phone trying to sign in to Telstra. (Apologies for background noise as this was at a train station)

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AodZj9ot1MXWgp1lBZN91nSlrYeP5Q

I believe that there is something on Telstra Air which blocks the access for specific devices. Please note my phone has Android version 8.1.0. 

Regards 

Slavo 

salmas

Just following up if anyone has idea what would cause this issue. 

Telstra 24x7®

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more