Bolly
Level 1: Cadet

Using travel pass in New Zealand

Does travel pass cover calls to and from Australia or just calls within New Zealand?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Using travel pass in New Zealand

For the duration of your Travel Pass you can make and receive unlimited voice calls to and from standard numbers, send unlimited SMS to standard numbers and use your Data Allowance in the eligible countries of the Zone you select. Standard numbers are fixed lines and mobile numbers.

Taken from https://www.telstra.com.au/content/dam/tcom/personal/help/pdf/cis-personal/mobile/telstra-internatio...

My reading of this is that as long as you remain in a country that is covered by the Zone (1 or 2) that you purchased the pass for you have access to unlimited calls to make and receive. So if you are in NZ for example, all calls made in NZ (including in-country calls as well as calls back to Australia) would be covered, as would all incoming calls. Unless those calls are to premium numbers - the local versions of 190X numbers.

If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.

Telstra 24x7®

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now