CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
PeterAndrew1967
Level 3: Gumshoe

Very Very SLOW Internet

Come on Telstra - FIX your VERY SLOW Internet in Broken Hill between 3pm and 11 pm.

I have UNLIMITED data on a $200 per month plan which includes Foxtel - but I CANT WATCH FOXTEL during 3pm and 11 pm EACH NIGHT.

What is the point of having unlimited data IF I CANT USE IT?

GET IF FIXTED.

ALL other hours - before 3pm and after 11pm the INTERNET is very quick.

But at the times I want to watch - IT IS SOOOOO SLOW even a snail would be quicker! May as well be on dial up!

This from an internet speed test

0.86 Mbps download

1.70 Mbps upload

Latency: 398 ms
Server: Sydney

Your Internet speed is very slow

Your Internet download speed is very slow. Web browsing should work, but videos could load slowly.

Totally pathetic and unacceptable. Get it fixed, or I may be forced to return to Optus again.

GET IT FIXTED

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Very Very SLOW Internet

Hey @PeterAndrew1967,

Sorry to read about the ongoing frustrations you've been experiencing with your service. Have you spoken with one of our technical support team members about this? If so, what has been advised about the problems you're having?

Regards

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

PeterAndrew1967

I have since sent a complaint feedback to Telstra. This needs to be fixed.

Community Manager

Thanks for confirming, @PeterAndrew1967.

Do you happen to have the SR reference number for the complaint? If so, please provide it to me here and I can follow up with the assigned Case Manager.

Regards

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

PeterAndrew1967

SR 1-2245452489373.

Community Manager

Thanks @PeterAndrew1967.

I've passed this along to the appropriate team, and have asked that this is looked into ASAP.

Please let us know once they've made contact with you.

Regards

PeterAndrew1967

Thank you very much. I will let you know what happens.

Peter43
Level 1: Cadet

Hey mate did Telstra fix this problem as I have the same...

Hey mate did Telstra fix this problem as I have the same issue??

Skedghammer
Level 1: Cadet

I would go optus or vodafone. They will keep "looking into it" for a long time whilst collecting your money. 

PeterAndrew1967

Re: Hey mate did Telstra fix this problem as I have the same...

Too early to tell - last couple of days the Network has improved some . . at least I can watch Foxtel and the kids are able to use their Tablets and watch their stuff. That never happened before - so maybe they have tweaked some settings and have managed to get some more capacity.

But there again, it is too early to tell. Maybe in a few weeks, lets see if this improvement continues!

PeterAndrew1967

Re: Hey mate did Telstra fix this problem as I have the same...

Update: 

They have closed off the issue as 'unresolved' 

Nothing has changed and they were unwilling to get a tech to check out the speeds in Broken Hill during their peak times.

Their collectives heads in the sand . .  .but they are happy to take our money!

Pathetic!

Telstra 24x7®

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more